Moringa Trees ?

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Gator 45/70, Jun 29, 2014.

1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I have seen this thread a 100 times and never looked at it.

I come home from the SOCOM meeting in Tampa on Friday and I see this next to my protein powder

image.
    image.

2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

O.O I think someone is helping you!!!

the finely ground powder sticks in the back of my throat if I don't mix it well. Just a forewarning =)

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Vita-mix, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 bunch of fresh curly kale, coconut milk, 1 pack of frozen wheat grass, big shot of Flax seed oil, 4 scoups of Teras Whey Vanilla protien powder, big scoop of blueberries, 2 table spoons of Morniga, 1/2 of a 32 ounce cup of ice.

Chew until soft and swallow [LMAO]

Think I am kidding about chewing?
    image.

4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Gopherman so I just started sprouting moringa again. I will keep you posted. Hope they don't drowned again this year. The monsoon season is upon us.

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Gopherman like this.
  5. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Keep them in pots off the ground and wait for them to come back in the spring. Forget about them!
    I had 3 come back from last year and now their huge! One more popped up so i put it in a grow box in my green house and its about a foot tall.
    You might even want to put them in the ground and don't mow them down,put a ribbon on a piece of coat hanger or something.
    On a different note those turmeric plants are getting big. I transplanted them into grow beds and roots everywhere.

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  6. Gopherman

Check out Lemon grass I've been growing the heck out of that and lemon Balm and talk about super potent Herb!

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

did you just start them from grocery store lemon grass? they look lovely and the smell is awesome. I will look at planting them... gotta find a spot and see if they are a perennial here.

Gator 45/70 and Gopherman like this.
  8. Gopherman

These are picks of the 6 single stalks I started last year Their Huge now. I harvested these several times now and within a couple weeks they are right back like this.They are a perennial
    100_0455.JPG

100_0456.JPG

9. Gopherman

My Moringa trees are doing great for the first season in the ground 2 are flowering and about 6' the other is about 12' tall. The one in the greenhouse is 2' tall now.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I have 2" trees again hopefully won't get drowned this year. @Gopherman have not got passion fruit to sprout from seed. .. did these take a long time? I soaked them 48 hours and long after moringa sprouted the passion fruit did not. I'm on my second batch .... suggestion? ideas?

Motomom34, Gopherman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gopherman

I'll send you some cuttings!
    Mine are huge again this year but they don't seem to like the pot's not fruiting.
    I'll post some pics later

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The one on the right us moringa, heavily pruned as I wanted a bush not a tree

He plant on the left and middle are up for guesses.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Moringa oleifera is a plant that is often called the drumstick tree, this providing so many health benefits. Especially leaves and drumstick and seeds are providing so many health benefits. Drumstick soup is improving the body function and stimulating men s*xual mood very well during intercourse hour.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. john316

john316 Monkey+++

Moringa does well here in Southwest Florida, as it is drought-tolerant and loves warm weather and sunshine. However, be forewarned, it will die in a freeze. But like most Florida-friendly plants, it will come back.Aug 5, 2017

Moringa, the Tree of Life: Grow it in your yard

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I ordered plants and seeds and 5 trees came and several seeds.
    I used a one gallon ventilated pot and put rocks at the bottom and sand on top of that and miracle grow on top of that and set the trees evenly apart in the pot. I used my tap water and gave it just a bit of water knowing they are prone to root rot. but they did not do well . Suspecting the city water I tried bottled purified water and one is now surviving.
    Through the years my brother had given me avocado trees that were 3-4 feet high but did not survive here, but then I was watering with city water.
    In the past, I did aquaponics and was successful at that, but then the fish and the soil were filtering the city water, and they did well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Hawaiian monkey here. Yes, I use it and like it. Highly nutritional.

I like to add the leaves to soups. All kinds of good stuff in them.

The bean pods are edible, but not my favorite. Lots of cellulose.

And I have used the leaves and flowers infused in tea as well.

They are wildly popular in the Philippines. And even here in Hawaii, many Filipino houses will have a tree. It is called marungay or kalamungay. But whatever they are called, it is moringa.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Always wanted to try growing it, but will have to wait until I have a heat-able greenhouse, to do so. And even then, will have to do like Ganado, and keep it trimmed down to a bush size!
    Texas (where I was until a couple years ago) zone 7
    Western NY (where I am now), zone 6. :rolleyes:

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mine didn't survive the freeze here sadly
    If I had a green house maybe?

1. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    My first oranges are turning orange!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 19, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Avocadoes

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

Lemon_Guavas

I always plant flowers close to my fruit trees.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Guava season is here!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Lychee

The BEST Kind of Gains!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Media

Bananas

It's Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Dunerunner
  14. hot diggity
  15. Motomom34
  16. Ganado
  17. Meat
  18. Motomom34
  19. Ganado
    I love these [IMG]
    Thread by: Ganado, Mar 8, 2019, 8 replies, in forum: The Green Patch
  20. HK_User
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7