Mossberg ATR 100

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TexasDoc, Oct 1, 2006.

1. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Monkey+++ Founding Member

has anyone every used one or seen one out of a store ?? they oldest girl wants a 308 instend of her Remmy 742 in 30-06 and I was thinking that maybe this would fit the need.

any opinions ??

Doc

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have seen them advertised, but I haven't had the chance to look at them in person.

3. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How tall is she?

I ask because, if I remember correctly, Remmington makes a youth model in that caliber. Cost wasn't that large....

Glad to see you are doing better.

phishi

4. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Monkey+++ Founding Member

She is 5' 4" and shots a full sized gun now that has a 13.25"LOP I was thinking of a youth model but cost is where I need t obe careful.

thanks for the idea .

Doc

5. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What about a FP-10 Savage?

Just a thought...

good weapon at a good price...

6. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cost could be an issue.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/youth/model_700_sps.asp

$559 is a little high compared to some. Maybe you could find one used? My wife is a little smaller than that, and a youth model 1187 fits her fine. Dimensions on the 700 sps would probably be about right. Would make for a handy little rifle too......

phishi

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I haven’t tried one Doc,
    But I do have a Daughter who is hunting this year for the first for big game, and I bought her a Rem 700 ADL 270 win used with a scope for 200.00 I was going to re barrel it if it didn’t shoot well.

But now Im not touching it, we took it to the range and with factory Rem Corlocks I can get one ragged hole at 100yd with it and she shoots 3./4 and 1” groups on a regular basis.

I didn’t worry about the finish on I was going to use Brownels gunkote in the color she picked.

But now that several guy’s the range have witnessed her shooting this rifle with factory ammo and beating their 1000.00 + rifles groups she has learned the value of a great shooting rifle and has chose not to change it in anyway for fear of it not shooting the same!

Just a thought for you.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That was a steal/deal.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7