mossburg .338 winmag More gun than scope to handle it

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Gopherman, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

That'll work!! I am not a hunter at all. That's not to say I can't or won't do it, it just doesn't do anything for me, I have a lot of patience and come across deer and all kinds of animals, just never had the urge to kill them.

2. Gopherman

Better in the back than the front on this one!!

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

That is true of all of them..

4. Gopherman

I was in the Army, I'm not a stranger to guns or shooting. I'm a great shot, my first round ususally gets in the kill zone with this gun The others stray a bit. I'm pretty sure its reflex flinching, Everyone keeps telling me let it surprise you. I don't have to worry about that, every shot I take is a surprise! Holy Crap!!!
    I shot 20 rounds through it the first time, now I do maybe 10, I still have to work the next day.

STANGF150 likes this.
  5. Dont

Ok then.. If you can knock down what your after then thats good enough.. Me.. I would be puttin some weight on that 338 to tame some of that recoil...

kellory likes this.
  6. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

Hawke scopes are good scopes and wont kill your wallet too bad. Leupold is a good one also. and for high end there is nightforce. great scope but expensive, but it does have a lifetime waranty no questions asked.

Gopherman likes this.
  7. Dont

Would love to have a nightforce, and your right , they are spendy..
    Going to be setting up a 300 winmag and have in mind a Leupold with target knobs, Mcmillin stock and timiny trigger.. Pretty standard but about all this broke pocket can afford...

Gopherman likes this.
  8. Gopherman

I'll google them tonight. I want something that will zoom in tight. I thought about a 6" telescope but can't figure out how to mount it.LOL

9. Dont

Olderer eyes?:D

Gopherman likes this.
  10. Gopherman

I'm Not Cheap I'm FRUGAL!! that's what my wife keeps telling me, She'd have a stroke if I bought the scope I wanted! That or she'd give me one!

11. Gopherman

They tell me I have 20-29 vision, I asked him if that's true why cant I read this pamphlet he said' AGE".

12. Dont

A very common affliction of those of us that have out lived our youth..

13. Gopherman

Every thing I own are hunting rifles and they came with scopes the 30.06 is a good scope, so many trees down here they don't carry a lot of stock, you can only see about 200 yrds.

14. Gopherman

My wife say's I'm worse than the kids. My 12 year old will tell you I'm worse than having a brother.
    I'm 51 but I don't feel a day over 75

15. Dont

Easy shooting..

16. Gopherman

Nice chattin with you, just got off the phone with SEACOWBOY. we're geeting together and jam this weekend. You have a good night!

17. Dont

59 and still make my wife nervous with my antic's ..

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Most any quality scope will stand up to a 338 whats your budget for a scope is the question. I have shot many leupold scopes on everything from a 22lr to 50 bmg and never had one fail.

19. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a Carl Kahles 4x on my .375 H&H Magnum Sako. The rifle is fun to shoot and I hardly notice the recoil.

20. Dont

Sako is a fine shooting rifle, as I am told.. Have never shot one..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7