Most exotic or unusual food you've eaten?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 27, 2012.

1. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Balut -- tastes like chicken and egg mixed together.
    Durian -- smells like something that's dead, but tastes really good.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Had fried scorpions on a stick in hong kong. Meh, they weren't good, weren't bad. Like seasoned potato chips with a rather nasty aftertaste. Tried fried chicken feet and I liked them pretty well.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Never could get durian past my nose. Tried durian puffs once, wasn't any better. Bleah. Had to hold my breath to get past the display to get inside the markets.

NVBeav likes this.
  4. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Mr...President?

oldawg and Sapper John like this.
  5. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

You're supposed to fry 'em !

Uh...no.

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

No fried foods for me anymore - health issues. Gotta take my worms as God made 'em - cleaned of course....... [drooling]

Gator 45/70 and Sapper John like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Had Octopus soup in South Korea. Was eating this really nice bowl of soup and one of the hosts ask "how is the octopus?" I instantly became full.

Also, had some "Black Pig", at least that's what they told us it was on the island of JeJu in South Korea. That was some AWESOME pig.

On my first trip to SK I also had robin's eggs, they were pretty good.

8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Balls. By that, I of course mean...balls. But then, I'm from OK, so that isn't too unusual.

Also durian, which does smell as bad as they say. A lot of the hotels in Thailand have signs telling you not to bring it in.

I could probably add some more things, but when I was with the ROK and Royal Thai Marines, I ate a lot of slimy and crunchy things about which I did not inquire to the origin. On purpose.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  9. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

you need to elaborate on that Pyrrhus. When you say balls you mean that Oklahoma delicatessen Rocky Mt. Oysters . Strangest thing I ever had was Vegemite. Which may not be all that strange but man was it awful.

ghrit likes this.
  10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Ivory soap!
    Never swear around Grandma!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7