Most Non Christmas, Christmas Card Ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Dec 20, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Forget Seasons Greetings, Forget Happy Holidays. Hell, forget Kwanzaa and Hanukhu too:

:eek:

I got this card from Monkeyman :D
    card_208.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

lol I didnt do it, if it was from me it would either be a Christmas card in respect of the person I was sending it to or their beliefs (or just cause its easier to find) or else something about 'Yule Tide blessings' or something.

3. melbo

lol. Struck me as pretty Pagan... or Wiccan

4. monkeyman

Well it kind of relates to the solar things going on but is to far from the pagan wheel of the year to be pagan. Where it talks about it nearing the end of the cycle or year or whatever in the pagan 'calander' or wheel of the year, Samhain (aka halloween) is the pagan new year, Yule is the winter solstice or kind or like the Wednesday (humpday) of winter also known as the dark times and historiclay as the starving time. So for us its a celibration that the darkest days are past and we are starting now getting closer to the spring and times of fertility and bounty, as well as to recognize the masculine deity, the god of the hunt who is predominent in the winter months.
    I think that would be more an athiest astronomers card. lol
    So theres you a little readers digest version on what my own clan will be celibrating this season. [cmfrt] [beer] lol

5. monkeyman

Couldnt find the smileyt with its tounge out so you got the others. lol

6. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not Pagan or even Wiccan...too modern.

One of the Scientific cults most likely melbo.
    [cof]

7. monkeyman

See, even Tlynn knew that much so.... [raspberry] lol Since its supposed to have come from me (evren though you left the signitures on it and most folks here know my house is 3 folks and 2 are Brad and Tina ;) ) you know I gotta give you a hard time about it. :D

8. melbo

I assumed you cuz the Scarf that came with it seemed to be made of Beard Hair. :D

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hmmm...should have bought 3 of those Wiccan Calendars instead of only 2......

If I get to the Mall....MM? You're in.... ;)

Great calendar by the way!

10. monkeyman

That wasn't beard hair. Darn the butt itches when the hairs growing back though! [kissit] [ROFL]

Well most of the dates would be the same but I'm not really Wican, I'm pretty much eclectic following more of a Celtic tradition and practice more as a backman. I'm not enough of a pacifist to be a wican. :sneaky: :D

Oh and for those who don't know what a backman is its not so much a denomination or whatever, its basically the 'sheep dog' class among the pagan community, the ones that in the burning times would stand by and if the gathering was attacked would stay and if they couldn't defeat attackers would "try to be chewy" for those attacking so the rest of the folks worshiping would be able to get away or ideally be undisturbed.

11. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah..I know the difference...My friend John is pagan...and used to be my next door neighbor and spent 2 mos in my house while waiting for his house to be finished when he built......

and sycha is Wiccan.....we spend a lot of time together...Great person..and interesting..

Studied a lot on different beliefs when I left the Catholic Church...My brother? Whenever he goes to a hospital or Dr and it says "Religous Preferenece?" He puts "Druid".. :D

He was really big in the SCA for many years....(Society for Creative Anachronisms) Made his own suit of armor......and even a couple of swords....The Pennsic Wars held every year are something to see...and a lot of fun....I only went once with him....

Fun stuff...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7