Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

D
    and remember this is the same NASA that got the two Systems mixed up, and crashed a 50 MegaBuck Mars Probe into the Planet, instead of into orbit around the Planet..... A few years back...

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.

5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

6. stg58

7. stg58

8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image. They are trying..

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The second best part of the straw man argument is that you get to ridicule someone by putting your words in someone elses mouth. The best part is that the people who make the straw man argument don't realize that everyone is effectively laughing AT them and not the intended target because it's THEIR words.

HK_User likes this.
  11. chelloveck

My goodness....two phrase memes are the stuff of straw men....they are often not in themselves arguments as such, but a reflection of the human condition when it comes to religious or any other undeserved privilege. Kim Davis and her supporters are exemplars of the...it's OK to discriminate against LGBTQ folk wanting a legal document that they are within their Constitutional rights (under the 14th Amendment) to have issued to them; and then cry persecution when there is pushback against the exercise of her bigoted, and highly selective deeply held religious beliefs.

Not so...though you are entitled to that belief...some will laugh with me...some will laugh at me....some will be angry and in denial at the essential truth of the matter, and, quite likely,....most won't give a toss either way, and will move on to a different meme that is more to their funny bone's liking.

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

13. chelloveck

Either that hunter's trigger finger has been amputated short to his first knuckle...or he's going to jerk that trigger when the deer startles sleeping beauty with a loud rut call...mind you, if it's much more than a .223...that deer is going to wear the recoil in the face. ;)

Tully Mars, Ganado and Tobit like this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Don't worry about it chelly, it is a staged photo, using a mounted deer head.

15. chelloveck

Yes Kell, I realise that...but you know how pernickety I can get...even with faux pictures. The guy in the blind can barely keep a straight face. ;)

16. kellory

Even the dead deer is having trouble.....:rolleyes:

Sojourn, 3M-TA3 and chelloveck like this.
  17. chelloveck

I think you may be confusing it with post mortum rictus. :D

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I give up, what does Rick's tush have to do with it?

chelloveck likes this.
  19. kellory

Um....the buck stops here?;)

chelloveck likes this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7