Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG] Dangerous toys, eh

How about radioactive?
    In 1951, A.C. Gilbert, inventor of the ERECTOR set, released the U-238 Atomic Energy Lab. Using real radioactive materials, one could witness mist trails created by particles of ionizing radiation.

The set included four Uranium-bearing ore samples, and originally sold for $49.50 ($460 in todays FRN)

OK, how about Clackers?
    [​IMG] Cool stuff -
    Clackers, also known as Knockers and Click Clacks, consisted of two large acrylic balls, which hung on either end of a heavy string. The two balls would swing apart and together, making the loud clacking noise that gave the toy its name. If swung too hard, the acrylic balls would shatter, sending flying shrapnel everywhere.

Clackers were banned in 1985.

(More at Banned Toy Museum - TOP 10 Banned Toys)

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. DKR

Just for fun
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I believe these cover our most common memes here. The ART is the fun part.

3. DKR

I'm a fan of Kirby, have been for years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From the Graphic novel "Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth"

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

Terry and the Pirates was a daily strip that debuted on October 22, 1934. It was created by cartoonist Milton Caniff, who was hired by the editor of the Chicago Tribune New York News Syndicate, Captain Joseph Patterson. Patterson, was an admirer of Caniff's work on the adventure strip Dickie Dare and provided Caniff with the title and location for the strip he wanted created.

The main character is Terry Lee an American boy who, along with his sidekick journalist Pat Ryan, travels to China in search of a lost gold mine. As the series continued more characters were added including Cue Ball, Cheery Blaze, Big Stoop, Chopstick Joe, Dude Hennick and Captain Judas.

Dragon Lady, was another character who appeared firstly as an enemy of Terry's but later during the war the two became allies.

Although Terry and the Pirates was a big success Milton Caniff left the strip in 1946. The main reason being that the strip was owned by the syndicate and Caniff wanted creative control of his work. George Wunder, an artist with Associated Press, took over Terry and the Pirates and it ran for another 27 years until February 25, 1973. Meanwhile, Caniff launched Steve Canyon, an action-adventure strip which ran until 1988, shortly before his death.

Growing up I was a real fan of Steve Canyon, every Sunday was a big deal - waiting for the funnies to arrive...in color!

Samples (6 full issues) of the material now now found online - Terry And The Pirates Harvey Publications 6 Issues
    each comic has been scanned and posted for your enjoyment of a bygone time.

chelloveck likes this.
  5. DKR

[​IMG]
    Line? What line? Waiting for what...

chelloveck likes this.
  6. DKR

And if the Steve Canyon comic was fun, there was a TV show (1958) that had Milt as an advisor.

[​IMG]

yup - Amazon - 3 DVDs worth.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yep, used to give the old Filipinos out on the sidewalks of Olangapo (city outside of the now closed US Navy base, at Subic Bay, the Philippines), with the meat on a stick grills plenty of business.

Funniest time was when we'd first gotten there, and someone asked Papa-san what kind of meat he was cooking? Old man (with most of his teeth missing) grins, points to one side of the grill, "This beef," then the other side, "and this pork".

Um, yeah....okay! Pigs might have been fairly common there, but unless that was actually water buffalo, it's much more likely we were eating monkey and dog! Didn't much matter, though, because when you'd wash it down with an ice cold San Miguel beer, it tasted just fine! (y)

oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had a pair of clackers. I loved them. I never shattered them but did get them taken away for swinging at my brother.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

acid_picdump_03.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Like anyone would save a dying lawyer...

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

To
    To some, a criminal defence lawyer might be worth saving, if the lawyer can get them an acquittal...otherwise, they might be SOOL.

12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

natshare, Ganado, VisuTrac and 5 others like this.
  13. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

AD1, natshare, tbf8170 and 3 others like this.
  14. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

natshare, Gator 45/70, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  15. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

That is amusing because when I lived in Hawaii back in the 70's, Magoo's Pizza (No huhu, call Magoo) was the dominant local brand and their "Hawaiian pizza" was topped with pineapple and Canadian Bacon (basically ham.)

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Witch Doctor 01

[​IMG]

natshare, Yard Dart, Trouble and 7 others like this.
  17. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Heavy is the weight of freedom. May God bless all who carry it.
    image.

natshare, Yard Dart, Ganado and 8 others like this.
  18. chelloveck

upload_2017-4-27_13-27-33.

I wasn't aware that Colt .45 1911's were around when Washington was taking it to the British.....;)

tbf8170 likes this.
  19. chelloveck

I do believe that these, or similar items can be purchased at adult sex toy and novelty emporia...'so I am told'......clackers for cloacas (and other intimate places), so to speak. Although I'm doubtful that many people would have died as a result of not properly adhering to the safety and cautionary instructions for this kind of product, however, undoubtedly, there would have been many instances of medical/surgical interventions being required for their urgent removal at Hospital ER departments, (undoubtedly, much to the embarrassment of the casualties concerned).

Should the Nanny State move to ban this kind of inoffensive and innocuous product, I feel comforted by the thought that there will be many SM conservative anti PC warriors who will take up cudgels against the perfidious, over reaching, Nanny State for abusing its powers....yet again.... :rolleyes:

20. chelloveck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    natshare, Yard Dart, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7