Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I worked on one of those type drills in the past. It was an old Ingersoll Rand. Looked similar to this one:
    rock drill.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Doug Bader was the first thing that popped into my mind when I first saw the article. His bio was one of my favorite books when I was a teen. I love that he tried to escape so many times they took his artificial legs away. I also think I saw a reflection of Doug Bader in one of @DKR 's stories, though not about Mr. Bader's determination to escape, but about the advantage a legless pilot can have during high G acceleration - the second book in the First Strike series, IIRC.

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You saw the reference in two places - the first was with the Dark Fence Squadron, mostly because space planes don't have rudders. On launch, the pilot got hit with over 30 Gs....
    Note
    By riding the decelerator sled himself, in his 29th and last ride at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, (Col) Stapp demonstrated that a human can withstand at least 46.2 g (in the forward position, with adequate harnessing). This is the highest known acceleration voluntarily encountered by a human, set on December 10, 1954.[6] Stapp reached a speed of 632 mph (1,017 km/h),[7] which broke the land speed record and made him the fastest man on earth. Stapp believed that the tolerance of humans to acceleration had not yet been reached in tests. He believed it is much greater than thought possible.

The second was in the Many Universes book, where a Shithook pilot (female) lost both legs in the Stan when the 'hook got shot down. She was riding a Sparkleship. Fun story - I may post it here is there is any interest.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

upload_2017-9-12_21-2-26.

mysterymet, 3cyl, Ganado and 8 others like this.
  5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Well now I know what vehicle to look for if we ever have a zombie apocalypse! LOL

3M-TA3, Ganado, tbf8170 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jamesruiz0818

Jamesruiz0818 On Hiatus Banned

truly motivational poster.

Ganado and tbf8170 like this.
  7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    Another photo of our brave President you'll never see on the bias media. Passing out MAGA hats in the middle of Harvey. What a guy.

3M-TA3, Yard Dart, 3cyl and 5 others like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

He is needed more to drain that swamp over this picture .
    Old guys should know the limits as I do !!

T. Riley and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Gaowlpoop

Gaowlpoop Monkey++

I have no idea what that thing is but I do know that I will give it all the room it wants.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's a harvester of some kind. Like you, I plan on it not harvesting ME.

Tully Mars likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Looks like it would do the Job, on harvesting SnowFlakes, just fine...

12. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Its called a forage harvester. Sort of like a combine but the header (mean yellow thing out front) gathers in corn stocks (while corn is still green) or sorghum and cuts it off just above the ground. The header then feeds the crops into the harvester where chopping blades cut up the crop and the big yellow spout at the back works like a snow blower and shoots all the chopped up plant material into a forager wagon that is pulled along behind or along side. The crop is then stored as silage in a long pit or sometimes a silo (tall round tank) and it is used as animal feed most commonly for cattle. Those machines are indeed mean with 500-800 horsepower as the chopping takes a lot of power.

AT

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

It's a solyent green harvester...

Alf60, oldawg, tbf8170 and 3 others like this.
  14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

My thought exactly!

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

On my bucket list!

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]
    I finally found them in the wild!
    YD and Tully after a hard night drinking!

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Perfection!!!

18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

But... It is a single shot!! :eek:

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

But it has a heavy/very shiny chrome finish... so you only need one shot.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Ganado, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

upload_2017-9-18_19-30-25.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7