Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

June 20th is the birthday of Audie L. Murphy. Born 1925. He died in a plane crash on May 28, 1971
    Audie Murphy.

Tully Mars, SB21, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

His wife, Pamela, was also a great patriot who volunteered at the Sepulveda VA until her death in 2010 at the age of 86. I know several people who knew her and she was a great lady.

Tully Mars, SB21, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

flys.

couyons.

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

MURPHY, AUDIE L

Rank and organization: Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, Company B 1 5th Infantry, 3d Infantry Division. Place and date: Near Holtzwihr France, 26 January 1945. Entered service at: Dallas, Tex. Birth: Hunt County, near Kingston, Tex. G.O. No.. 65, 9 August 1945.

Citation:
    2d Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by 6 tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to prepared positions in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, 1 of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machinegun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from 3 sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective.

Tully Mars, SB21, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  5. DKR

While I'm at it, one for the Corps:

For extraordinary heroism and conspicuous gallantry in action against enemy Japanese forces, above and beyond the call of duty, while serving with the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division in the Lunga Area. Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, on 24 and 25 October 1942. While the enemy was hammering at the Marines' defensive positions, Sgt. Basilone, in charge of 2 sections of heavy machineguns, fought valiantly to check the savage and determined assault. In a fierce frontal attack with the Japanese blasting his guns with grenades and mortar fire, one of Sgt. Basilone's sections, with its guncrews, was put out of action, leaving only 2 men able to carry on. Moving an extra gun into position, he placed it in action, then, under continual fire, repaired another and personally manned it, gallantly holding his line until replacements arrived. A little later, with ammunition critically low and the supply lines cut off, Sgt. Basilone, at great risk of his life and in the face of continued enemy attack, battled his way through hostile lines with urgently needed shells for his gunners, thereby contributing in large measure to the virtual annihilation of a Japanese regiment. His great personal valor and courageous initiative were in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

Tully Mars, SB21, Dont and 4 others like this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

And their "safe room" was 7000 miles away and they didn't give a hoot in hell anyway. Today's snowflakes make me want to puke.

3cyl, Tully Mars, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

WTF kind of post is that? we just had two inspiring posts and all you can do is complain about snowflakes, that makes you a snowflake in my book pal.

8. DKR

Something much more recent

*Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith
    • Date of Issue: 04/05/2005
    • Organization: U.S. Army
    • Date Entered Service: October 1989
    Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty:Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith distinguished himself by acts of gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action with an armed enemy near Baghdad International Airport, Baghdad, Iraq on 4 April 2003. On that day, Sergeant First Class Smith was engaged in the construction of a prisoner of war holding area when his Task Force was violently attacked by a company-sized enemy force. Realizing the vulnerability of over 100 fellow soldiers, Sergeant First Class Smith quickly organized a hasty defense consisting of two platoons of soldiers, one Bradley Fighting Vehicle and three armored personnel carriers. As the fight developed, Sergeant First Class Smith braved hostile enemy fire to personally engage the enemy with hand grenades and anti-tank weapons, and organized the evacuation of three wounded soldiers from an armored personnel carrier struck by a rocket propelled grenade and a 60mm mortar round. Fearing the enemy would overrun their defenses, Sergeant First Class Smith moved under withering enemy fire to man a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a damaged armored personnel carrier. In total disregard for his own life, he maintained his exposed position in order to engage the attacking enemy force. During this action, he was mortally wounded. His courageous actions helped defeat the enemy attack, and resulted in as many as 50 enemy soldiers killed, while allowing the safe withdrawal of numerous wounded soldiers. Sergeant First Class Smith's extraordinary heroism and uncommon valor are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself, the Third Infantry Division "Rock of the Marne," and the United States Army.

9. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

upload_2018-6-21_10-3-27.

tbf8170, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

There have been snowflakes in every generation since we walked upright. Living here next to the little known outpost of Ft. Hood I know and see plenty of today's young people who serve. Snowflakes they ain't. Here in my small town and in my family I know a good many young people most of whom I've watched born and grown up here. Our share of snowflakes? yep. but most are hard working/studying young people who are getting on with life in a way that makes me proud to know them. Were there to be another world war the lines to join would be just as long and the people just as committed. I'd watch them leave with tears in my eyes but I would also know that the look of grim determination was no different than that on the faces of the "greatest generation" Snowflakes? Sure, but they are far outnumbered.

SB21, apache235, T. Riley and 3 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

line.

3cyl, Tully Mars, tbf8170 and 8 others like this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

leg.

Tully Mars, SB21, tbf8170 and 8 others like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Talk-to-a-two-year-old….

SB21, Ganado, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

cool-dogs-watching-while-you-eat-1.
    The look on the second ones face. :LOL:

3cyl, Tully Mars, SB21 and 7 others like this.
  15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

eyechart.

17. DKR

[​IMG]

Some days, I have to wonder.....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Me, I don't see any boudains!

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  19. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

SB21, natshare, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7