Movie review - Guardians of the Galaxy Part II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, May 14, 2017.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Short version - I took the grand-kinder to see the flick. I am now back into the mode of see movie first, then decide if I take kiddos. I had this policy before, again, because of Disney and very inappropriate language/themes in a flick.
    While rated at PG-13 there are more than a few spots where IMO, the movie goes well past the boundary.

As for the rest - meh. Mediocre at best, way too much unneeded CGI. A boring IMO plot for those not fans (fan being short for fanatic) of the Marvel Universe.

Save your money and buy the DVD when it comes out - if you think the movie is all that.

Movie 1 of the series 4 + stars

Volume II 3 stars, if that much

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Brokor, techsar and chelloveck like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That's too bad...the first movie was fairly good. :(

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A lot of action and CGI animation....but a very thin plot...(Patricide???) some pretty hokey sight gags that would appeal to some juveniles....a way of spending a couple of hours while immersed in mindless entertainment. Seems like half the movie was setting up the situation for GotG III. :sleep: Its a movie that would appeal to parents with a child with ADHD.

4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

saw it and pretty much agree with DKR...

DKR likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

The wife and I actually liked the first one. We rented the DVD and split a bottle of wine. I was hoping the second one would be much like the first. Oh well...

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Bandit99. After that bottle of wine, will it really matter to either of you, if the movie was any good....

Bandit99 and chelloveck like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"Guardians of the Universe" [woot]
    Fixed it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7