mp5

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Wild Trapper, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

Friend of mine is a CLEO. The department has an mp5 in their inventory. He showed me pictures of his daughter 3 yr old holding it. Tonight I was talking to him and asked when he's going to bring it by the house so I can shoot it. I have finally got my range built that I was working on. I also belong to a club with a range where all the local law enforcement departments do their qualifications. He said he see when we could set something up. :D :D :D Now I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight,. It's been years since I got to shoot full auto. Wonder what the neighbors will think? Couple already think I'm nuts,:rolleyes: can't imagine why!!! Forgot to ask if I need to supply the ammo.:eek:

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wow. That is the one thing I have never done, shoot full auto. Cool. Let us know all about it when you do go shoot.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Same here, the closest I have come to shooting full auto was a cheap .22 I had that started slam fireing once for like 3 shots before it jammed. Cleaned it well and never had it happen again.

4. NY PRO

NY PRO Monkey+++

Squirt guns shoot handgun bullets at handgun velocities. Most SMG users are taught to use them as semi-auto carbines,saving full auto for up close emegencies. So practice your full auto at 10 yds or less....or you'll be just wasting your time and ammo. Always try to train realisticaly and not just to burn ammo. This way you'll teaching your mind and body what to do for real rather than just burning up ammo and learning bad habits. Remember.....bad habits are hard to break!! Whenever I've had the opportunity to shoot full auto with PD or military types.....it turns out to be just an ammo wasting exercise and nothing useful gets accomplished except to satisfy people's childish urges. Try to be professional in all that you do......it's good for your own training and good for others to follow your example.[violin] [gun2] [gun] [fight2] [nk]

I hope you have a good day at the range Trap! "Train hard ...fight easy!":cool: [gasmask] [wannamesswitme] [axe] [flush]

5. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Then on the other hand, some times, it is just an absolute blast to feel a weapon in your hand going Brrrrrrrap Brrrrrrrrap Brrrrrrap, regardless of where the ammo is hitting.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Im with sniper, I've shot lots of FA on Uncle Sams Tab years ago, have fun with it.

7. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

It's a Blast. pardon the pun but damn it is fun. Enjoy and let us know how the range day goes.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

8. Wild Trapper

Well guys, I was supposed to be off camping for a couple weeks but something came up and we canceled, guess y'all gonna have to put up with me for now. Think we are going to reschedule for sometime in September.

NY Pro, I hear what you are saying about using it as a chance to to hone my skills :D but I wouldn't want full auto other than, if I had to hose down an area. I much prefer semi-auto.. as in front site, front site, front sight. I like rapid fire and go into that mode after Ive gotten warmed up. I do intend to make it a learning experience. Even though I've shot FA, it's been years ago now. The FA I shot was M16 and .50 BMG, both the single and twin barrel versions on the big fifty. I served on a gun boat in the Navy, we all shot everything in small arms that the boat had. The toy I liked the best was the single shot M79 grenade launcher. Way cool results! Skipper was a real gun nut. Had us out shooting every chance he could. He even allowed personal firearms to be brought on-board. Wonder how that would fit into today's Navy? :cool:

Hope that My buddy can find the time to set this up. Hope he wasn't just flapping his jaws. hehe [yack]

9. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

The sheer weight of the MP5, coupled with the low recoil of the 9mm cartridge, means it will have very little recoil. That said, you still need to lean well into the gun, that is, have most of your weight on your front foot, knee slightly bent. Firmly grasping the forearm, try to fire a two or three round burst, just to get a feel of the gun. You may fire three to five the first time, but with a little practice, and a good gun, three are easy. You should be able to keep them all on a man sized sillouette target at 25 yards to start, or after just a little practice. A couple of hundred rounds, you should be able to vary your burst length, or keep them all on a target at 50.

Rounds in the air don't count, rounds on target do.

10. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Listen to GR! With my Uzi I have to do the same - lean into it or the muzzle just climbs on you. Some guys can empty a mag all into a paper plate, but it takes practice. Blasting at stuff is much more fun!

11. Wild Trapper

Yeah, I well remember what happened the first time I held the trigger back on the 16.:D

12. sormi

sormi Monkey+++

I've shot about 1000 rounds through a MP5. You spend more time loading than anything else. It's fun but it can be expensive. I really don't think it's worth the time and money. I think there is a place in Las Vegas that rents you full auto rifles. You should try them out..

13. Wild Trapper

Pretty sure the Police Department will be picking up the tab for the ammo.:D I have a schedule now to work with, looks good for 2 differant dates in October.

14. E.L.

Keep this in mind................[worthless]

15. Wild Trapper

Finally got to shoot that mp5 last Sunday. Note the young guys hanging around me. Had a great time, let who ever wanted a try at my M1A, give it a go. As E.L. wanted to see pictures, picked out one to post here, we got a lot more. But a picture says a thousand words.... Gotta make it down to Knob Creek in the spring.
    MP5.

16. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is cool as hell! I have a LEO buddy with one as well, but we haven't got to get out with it yet.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

OSB.
    +1 I envy you, shot an A3 and a k ( short one with he pistol grip up front) around '91,one of the more fun things I' got to do in uncle's yard. 2to 3 rounds triger pulses get easy after you shoot a few you'll get tuned into the rate of fire it becomes easy to walk your rounds around on the target. Shot the uzi fa that day too, mp5 high cylic rate, very smooth, the uzi fires much-much slower rate( positiveley glacial after the mp5 )plus the uzi fires from an open bolt so what you feel is a rocking as the relatively heavy bolt slams forward then back. After a few round firing a single round(uzi) on fa is pretty easy.Have fun ya lucky basdtid!!!:D

18. E.L.

Sweet! Looks like you are having a great time.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7