Mr Brownie stopped by....

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by BTPost, May 15, 2019.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mr. Brownie stopped by to check out the Garbage Can... but left when he found it was empty.... DSCF0054.
    DSCF0166.

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Oh I thought Billy. Or Matt. Or Bam, Gabe, Bear etc etc. Still really cool. :D

3. BTPost

Nope, Those Browns left a few years ago, and now live in Washington.... This guy is one of a Triplet of Brownie Cubs born four years ago, and he is the only one left... I suspect he ate is brothers...

Zimmy, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 6 others like this.
  4. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Very nice.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Me love Bears, at a distance!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Gray Wolf, sec_monkey, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  6. sdr

sdr Monkey++

Lol. I see that bottom pic and all I focus on is the land and trees. Always wanted to visit Alaska. The forest looks pretty thick.

7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I was thinking of the round brown worn by the state police or game wardens in many jurisdictions around the country.

Bears are cooler. I've driven thousands of miles through the north and west but never seen a live one.

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Lucy loves bears too, hop on 76 and she will demonstrate (y) (y)

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We have a some times visitor Grizzly at our ranch, he is a 6 year old bundle of fuzz teeth and claws bent on cleaning out our entire crop of berries! He has never been aggressive, but we keep a safe neighborly distance and leave him alone, and he dosnt bother us! The 12 foot bear fence insures we remain friends!

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  10. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[coo] [coo]

seriously tho when is yall gonna 76?? Lucy is gonna be dead soon

oldman11, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well BT, since the garbage can was empty you could have fed him snowflakes who think bears are all cuddly

Gator 45/70, Zimmy, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  12. BTPost

True, but we don't have any SnowFlakes local at the moment... So he will just go Hungry for a while longer...

13. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

What is his estimated weight? I have no experience with bears but do well with deer,and wild boar.

Jim

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

What kind of camera is that with a temperature display BT?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

We have a black bear nosing around our place. Dogs throw a fit, he (or she) pays them no attention. Nothing in size compared to that brown, I'd guess 250-300lbs on this one.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. BTPost

I do not remember the Make or Model No. off hand... As soon as the Doc lets me walk again, I will post it here for you... The Cam is located down on the Brown Cabin, and I am stuck in this chair, in the Blue Cabin, until the Doc releases me... As I recall they were about $70US each, and I bought two of them...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. We have at least one black bear roaming around eastern Iowa (Clinton county). DNR says it may have stowed away on a grain barge at a northern terminal and jumped ship here. Blackies show up infrequently in eastern Iowa. So far He/She has caused no trouble and has appeared for lots of photo ops.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I cant answer 100% dead sure on the weight, but being around bears a lot, I would say he is a solid #450 to #550 ish, looks like a lean summer weight bear, he will likely pack on another 100 pounds going into winter though!
    Our Grizz hits the ground @ around #1000 pounds dry summer weight, he is a big boy, no real challengers to the food sources, and is old enough to have established his dominance in the area! He has produced two batches of Cubs that we know of, and his girlfriend stops in once in a while, usually with a fresh batch of cubs to show off! She isn't small ether, actually a very healthy looking momma, estimated to be around #900 or so pounds and about 4 years old!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Wow, that is impressive! In my ignorance I was thinking maybe 250# or so. When at the Ak state reserve on Seward Hwy the two Browns I saw looked right at 450# and there was another huge bear further back that I could only see the head of, but the previous two were very afraid of Would be dangerous facing that one.
    Jim

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. BTPost

450# or 500# is a small Brownie.... When you see a 750# or 1000# Brownie coming at you at 25Mph... Your whole perspective will change, as well as your life flashing before your eyes...

toydoc and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7