MTM Plastic Ammo Can Review

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Gator 45/70, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Re:#20. You have plainly given some thought to this problem.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have another one made of PCV, Teflon taped the threads, Checked it out after 5 years,Dry as a bone !

techsar, HK_User and sec_monkey like this.
  3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

This is the best end wrench for 3 or 4” plastic end caps. At $8.00 with tax, you could buy a bunch of them,Camco RhinoFLEX 6-in-1 Sewer Cleanout Plug Wrench-39755 - The Home Depot

4. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Make sure someone in your family knows where you buried the stuff.

I am reminded of my great-grandfather (maternal side) who lost $ in a bank panic in 1898. From then on, he kept his $ in gold, buried on his farm. Didn't even tell his wife where. Then he died unexpectedly. They never found the stash. May still be out there for all I know.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

with gold being $1,940.00 as of today ya might wanna git a gud metal detector that can detect coins and if the farm is still in the family go check - r - out .. ..

if it aint still in the family it might get tricky tho ya would have to talk to the new owner give em a share .. .. give the IRS a share plus plus .. ..

now is a real bad time to buy gold but it might be a gud time to sell some gold

gud luck [biggrouphug] [biggrouphug]

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

In the words of the prophet John Wayne "Yup!"

Farm left the family almost 100 yrs ago. I always wondered if it was due to the loss of the money...most probably. Given that modern metal detectors can detect gold, I've thought about doing just what you say. Anyhow, it's worthwhile thinking about.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Don't know your AO , but I've got a few detectors to loan out to help in retrieving Grandpa's treasures .

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Monkey++

Yep had a few PLASTIC ammo boxes that I was given. Had loose 45 ACP rounds in one, picked it up and then had to pick them all up from the floor. I have stuck to mil metal ammo can since.

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7