Gear Review Muck Boots

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

They offer them with out the Hi-Viz stuff, also fire resistant if needed!

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I definitely would like a pair of those muck boots for the boss. A pair of Matterhorns, as well, would be great for here at the farm.

EDIT: During my time in Australia, back in the first half of 2006, I had a pair of Blundstones that were great. With boot covers, they were perfect for the farm environment I was in, during much of my trip.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Reviving this thread because my Muck boots are still going strong but we have an issue….. the tread is worn down. I wear my Mucks all year, they are still my go to footwear for chores, outdoors and just walking around. Last winter I fell twice on my bottom because the grip is gone but otherwise these boots are solid. I really hate to replace them but I hate falling and breaking a bone worse. I hope the quality is still the same as it was five years ago.

Will update on my thoughts once my new pair arrives.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Which version are you getting this time?

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

this summer they had MUCK boots on sale at the farm feed store, $20.00 a pair.
    I picked up a few sets and made sure the other farmers wives had some as well
    Sloth

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Pictures of you falling on your bottom.... or it didn't happen ;)

Motomom34, SB21 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Keep those old boots . Get you some small 1/4 inch long hex head coarse thread screws and screw them into the bottom of your boot,, might make for some good traction in snow or ice . Don't worry about going thru the sole ,, you'll know if that happened soon enough. If it works for you ,, and if some of the screws seem to be working their way out ,, try putting a good dab of glue on the screw threads and let it set up good before using the boots.
    Could be a way to get a few more miles out of them . Be careful tho ,,, those screw heads could get slick on smooth surfaces,,, and you may end up on your rump end a little more often .

Let us know if it works for you .

Motomom34 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I looked and the styles have changed. So I read reviews and was not impressed. Decided to call customer service to get their suggestion, dialed the number and after some language barrier issues, the lady in Mexico told me to go to a local store.
    I have been looking at different brands now. But if I could find some of the old styles, I will get them. May try eBay or places like that.

SB21 likes this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@SB21. Interesting suggestion. Not sure if I will try because as you said the screws could be slick and I could land back on my bottom. I don’t bounce like I used to.

SB21 likes this.
  1. HK_User
  2. RJB
  3. Andy the Aussie
  4. BenP
  5. BlueDuck
  6. mikecrom83
  7. Dont
  8. Brokor
  9. GrandpaDave
  10. Tracy
  11. sci