Mushroom Extract

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Hanzo, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Anybody do mushrooms? Years ago, Bear told me about reishi.

Now, I add it to my beverages, like coffee in the morning. Tonight, I mixed it with hot chocolate. Quite good!

*Chaga (Inonotus Obliquus) is found only in cold northern climates. It boasts an incredibly high ORAC value (ability to act as an antioxidant). It also has potent immune-boosting properties via the activation of macrophages, T cells, and NK cells. Chaga may also have anticancer, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s rich in triterpenes, betulinic acid, melanin, and other unique compounds, and may even benefit skin tone and texture!

*Cordyceps (Cordyceps Militaris) traditionally grows at high altitudes under harsh conditions, giving it lots of heroic properties. It may enhance physical performance and stamina via improved oxygen utilization and mitochondrial pathways. It also contains compounds which are potent antioxidants, and may have brain benefits due to their powerful effects.

*Lion's Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is a delicious edible mushroom of the forest. It contains the triterpenes hericenone and erinacine which may increase the production of NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) and BDNF (Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor). That’s a mouthful, but the takeaway is that it’s great for brain and nerve health. This may translate to improved cognition, memory, and more. Tons of research also suggests it’s gastroprotective and may be effective for ulcers, stomach cancers, IBS, and related maladies.

*Maitake (Grifola Frondosa) is another gourmet mushroom. It’s great for longevity, demonstrating potent anti-tumor effects in mice. It activates the immune system via macrophages, T cells, and NK cells. Research shows it may have very beneficial effects on blood sugar, blood pressure, and lipid profiles. It also showed brain-boosting benefits in mice (they performed better on maze tests). It may even help prevent a certain cell type (C3H10T1/2B2C1) from converting into adipocytes (fat cells)!

*Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) has been recognized as a medicinal mushroom for more than 2000 years. Its active constituents include polysaccharides and triterpenes which provide immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory benefits. Reishi supports the parasympathetic nervous system, promoting a relaxation response. It also has adaptogenic properties, and may help reduce stress and fatigue.

*Shiitake (Lentinula Edodes) is a wonderful longevity mushroom best known as being a delicious gourmet mushroom. However, it's also rich in polysaccharides including beta-glucans and lentinan. The popular anticancer compound AHCC is actually derived from Shiitake! Studies have shown that Shiitake may support healthy cholesterol and blood sugar levels, stimulate the immune system, and reduce inflammation. It’s naturally rich in Vitamin D2.

*Turkey Tail (Trametes Versicolor) is a beautiful polypore used traditionally as a powerful immune tonic, and studies suggest that it has immunostimulant and anti-cancer properties. PSP and PSK are two known powerful peptides in Turkey Tail which activate immune function. Very high in antioxidants like phenols and flavonoids, one study in humans even found that it supported gut health by suppressing some harmful bacteria.

Sunnyvibes, SB21 and duane like this.
  2. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Monkey+++

I've dehydrated a lot and turn them into mushroom powder. I use it for cooking.

Hanzo likes this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Reishi grows in the wild around here. Luckily most people are scared of mushrooms so I can get all I want. I love mycology.

Hanzo, SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

I likes to eat mushroom curry, really it is so tasty and spicy. It contains lots of health benefits to the body, I love it very much. But I never eat mushroom extract.

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7