1. Given the media intensity given to the Corona or Wuhan virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 1 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

My 2 knives

Discussion in 'Blades' started by mage2, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

I have made both of these from "mostly" finished carbon steel blades.

BTW possibly a dialup warning. The images are 800x400 ish and jpgs compressed.

The Bowie is a 7" blade with a brass guard and a water buffalo horn handle.

The "eating" knife is stabilized wedge wood with carbon fiber bolsters (they just about disappear) The eating knife had a mirror finish but is getting used so its getting a patina on the blade. It has a superglue finish , I made it first.

I am still working on my forging , its finally cool enough here in texas to work on it more. But I have not created a blade that I felt good enough about to finish.

What do you think?
    bowie. eating_knife.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Wow. Those look great.
    Nice work.
    Love that Buffalo horn!

3. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Like Melbo said both are nice but I love the bufflo horn handle, that is to cool. [winkthumb]

OGM

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Very nice!... horn and other natural materials are always nice... keep up the good work![beer]

5. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I, also, am digging the bufflo horn.

6. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Thanks for all of the comments, I am trying to decide what the next one will be. I am currently in the middle of a AK build so it will be a little while. Using the BFH method is painful.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7