My AR-7 Girl Bugout Bag Rifle

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BlackBettyPreps, Jul 31, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The specific gravity of some streams in NC are quite different. Methinks this needs farther testing in them--lol.

gunbunny and kellory like this.
  2. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Kellory......you may wish to try the BOBH Bug Out Banana Hammock.......please do NOT post video......of anything floating.........ever:p

BBP....good video.....and now I will bite my tongue

Tracy, oldawg, gunbunny and 2 others like this.
  3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Still wanting to check out the specific gravity of the streams---lol.

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

BBP
    Good Post & video on this breakdown , and the same as the posted link on the fine tuning of one.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

More testing is needed, Welcome btw !!!!!!!!!

6. BlackBettyPreps

BlackBettyPreps Im on Youtube too !

thanks
    I Plan on doing more vids on my rifle

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

What I might like to see, would be a complete side by side comparison between a Ruger 10-22 SS takedown model, and a Henry AR-7. examples being accuracy at 25yds 50yds and 100yds. Time from disassembled in pack condition until rounds on target, say a 6" bull at 25yds, or hitting a coffee can at same distance. Yes I am well aware the Ruger won't float, and it costs approximately $100 more. .... just sayin'
    Henry Repeating Arms | Fine Rifles Made in America and Priced Right
    Ruger® 10/22 Takedown® Autoloading Rifle Models

jab73180 likes this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If the $100US is the only difference, I would still buy the Ruger, and wrap it in a Foam fitted cover, for floatation..... If I was in a place, where floatation was an issue.....

Tully Mars and Silversnake like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

That gun may have been (if y'all had owned it at the time) the only weapon recovered after your horrific boating accidents.

I still don't know how y'all managed to sink/flip/scuttle so many boats.

Obviously some of you should have gotten some boater safety training or something.

10. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

^^^^ bwahhhaaahhhaaaaa......thanks for that.

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The Ruger 10/22 TD is a superior rifle, but try not to forget, it's many times heavier, too. Along with price and non floating capabilities, I can see the attraction for a Henry Survival Rifle for backpacking. However, you should know that I wouldn't even compare the two since I STILL haven't seen any Ruger 10/22 TD's locally, and I do not buy online. I could have one ordered, but the price was more than $100 over the Henry last time I checked.

To summarize, I think the Henry is light, small, compact, affordable and accurate enough for survival. If compared to a Ruger 10/22 TD, and assuming one can be found without breaking the bank, the Ruger would win on longer range, accuracy and ease of use, as well as durability, but lose on weight, size, price and water savvy.

It's not a contest. Everybody has likes and dislikes. Weigh the options for yourself.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7