My buddy Tyler did a video on this "Bugout Bag"

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by phorisc, May 12, 2018.

1. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

Fun video with some very useful information and a cool product.

Motomom34, Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Looks like a commercial to me...

ochit likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That's a pretty solid bit of kit right there. I also think it was wise to ignore 'fire' tools simply because it's such a ubiquitous role that most folks already have multiple items they can add to fill this function. I like the presentation and how he kept it engaging and moving along. I would second this as a solid get home bag, but it would not fit my needs for bugout. I would require a larger main pack, and I know you can get a larger front pack, but if a larger main pack is an option then this would do nicely for those who prefer this arrangement. This kit would also serve well for rapid response deployment in hostile environments depending on how you choose to adapt it to your use.

For "bugout" and INCH, I have decided to go with a hunting arrangement and also go "water heavy". I use a 'special' main pack (think Eberlestock and scoped rifles) just for my operating parameters, as well as leg packs. I do not like chest packs due to the fact that it will conflict with either my body armor and/or loadout capabilities and will hinder other elements, such as laying prone.

phorisc likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I liked the review. Most pre-made kits are garbage but he kept saying that this kit is a good base kit. Always good to learn what others find essential for their GHB. Never thought to have one of those chest bags.

Gator 45/70 and phorisc like this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I looked at it, $649 seems a bit steep at first but considering what you have in it, it is a start.

Gator 45/70, phorisc and Brokor like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Women and chest bags tend to be a bit of a problem. Depends on the obvious element of conflicting bags. :cool:

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  7. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

its for sure a review of a product
    Ya, I liked what he did with the review. Its actually kinda a nice way of guidelines for building your own kit out. No need to buy "their" kit. I do love the geiggerig bladders though, makes it nice if you are trying catch your breath and want a drink you can squirt it into your mouth instead of having to suck on the tube whilst catching breath. That Chest bag is definitely the highlight of that kit :)

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  8. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

I wouldn't buy it personally, instead i'd take a few ideas from it and build one myself :p

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Imasham

Imasham Monkey

I enjoyed the presentation factor. The problem that he "discovered" of the two bladders in his water bag should be a bit of an embarrassment for him. Obviously you should always know and have tested your gear before you take it on the trail for use. The price of the kit overall seems reasonable for what is being offered. My personal kit would retail for about double this kit but I also include a GPS, maps, portable radio, etc.

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Cruisin Sloth
  5. phorisc
  6. OldDude49
  7. Motomom34
  8. Bishop
  9. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  10. chelloveck