My Dilema

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Jul 12, 2011.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

What liek you don't use camoflague.... ok there may be an issue with how far someone should go to camoflague themselves... but you gotta admit if you could live with yourselves it would probablly work....

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  2. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

In a place like that ONLY the criminals have weapons...
    When I was reading through their laws I was sickened with how unconstitutional they sounded. I wondered how they get away with it...after looking into it, it looks like there are a lot of law suits coming along to challenge just how unconstitutional they really are.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Just to travel through I would not do it but for an attack, hell yea!

E.L. likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Better bone up on the laws everywhere you intend to go. Whatever the "last you knew" is distinctly false.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Made it through the communist bloc of Illinois. Stopped by Bass Pro in Springfield, they didn't have any bushings wrenches for sale, but the gunsmith there after hearing my issue gave me an old one they had laying around. My Les Baer is so tight getting the bushing turned requires one. Thank God for Bass Pro's gunsmith. I could tell from our conversation he was one of "us". So I stopped just before St. Louis and took off the slide and locked it in my portable safe. Thankfully I went through most of the state late at night. Now we are in Minneapolis seeing family. Headed back tomorrow or the day after.

6. E.L.

Wanted to go by Baer's factory in LeClair, WI but they don't even have a show room or sell to the public other than online. It's just a factory. Enjoyed the world headquarters of Bass Pro. I did not give Illinois a dime of business that I didnt have to. Bought gas in Missouri and in Wisconsin.

7. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Glad ya had a good and safe trip.
    Ya always have to keep an eye out for them Kommie states .

8. E.L.

I was surprised when looking at rifles at Cabelas in Minnesota that the AR's had a tag that said "firearm owner card required" or some such nonsense. I started to buy a 45/70 Marlin lever action in stainless, but just seeing that was enough to turn my business away from Minnesota.

9. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

10. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I was pulled over in Wyoming close to the Montana border. My arm rest was 2 cases of .45 ammo and I had my other ammo, guns, and a small safe of solid savings in the car with multiple long gun cases and hand gun cases tucked away and a loaded .45 in my man purse.

He asked where I was going, I said I was moving to another nearby state and he said, "nice arm rest". Hefty ticket but no problem. I avoided Illinois like the plague but did violate Wisconsin law.

On my trip earlier across the country, I went through illinois with a substantial amount of cash in my carry bag. I can't remember if I followed the rules. "I do not consent to searches."

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Went to Maryland and on the way back stopped at "the wall" fully armed. Got "scared" when I returned and found out how many laws I had violated. When our oldest returned from the sandbox the first time he was stationed just north of Chicago as a recruiter. We visited him (lived in base housing) and Ikept all the arms in the trunk except for a 380 Colt. Gave it to him as we left as he was soon to head back over. Illinois is one place I do not want to be. Went to a sporting goods store and asked to see a bull barrelled '06 and he asked for my FOIS card-could not even look at it without it. D---- communist state--and our fearless leader is a "chicagoite" to the bone.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7