My father was the Zodiac killer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., Apr 30, 2009.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

SAN FRANCISCO — A Southern California woman said Wednesday that her late father was the infamous Zodiac killer who terrorized the San Francisco Bay area four decades ago.

San Francisco homicide investigators said they will check into the information from Deborah Perez, who said her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, killed at least two of the known victims 40 years ago.

Sgt. Lyn Tomioka said the investigation into the 1969 death of San Francisco taxi driver Paul Lee Stine related to the Zodiac killer remains ongoing.

"We get a significant number of calls a year. We will look into whatever evidence that is presented to us," Tomioka said about the case that also became a hit movie in 2007 .

During a frenzied news conference outside the San Francisco Chronicle on Wednesday, Perez, of Corona, Calif., said she has given police what she believes are Stine's eyeglasses and letters she wrote — some to the newspaper — on her father's behalf about the crimes.

'He told me he was sick' Perez claims she was a naive 7-year-old tagging along with her father during the killings.

"He told me he was sick, and all I wanted to do was help my dad," said Perez, who came to her conclusion about two years ago. "He kept telling me he was sick and he killed many, many people. I had no idea."

The self-described Zodiac killer is blamed for at least five murders in 1968 and 1969. He was never caught, though many believe he was Arthur Leigh Allen, a convicted child molester who died in 1992.

Hendrickson, a carpenter with six children, died in 1983 from cancer.

Perez said she could not keep her father's secrets any longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

If this is true and she hid it for all these years, she must have a book that is ready to hit the book circuit...its $$$ time.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He was sick, she says. Looks hereditary to me.

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Seems to me that she would be implicating herself in something illegal.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7