my favorite spot....you got one???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the dog, Feb 9, 2008.

1. the dog

the dog Monkey+++

this is my favorite spot int he world.there is nothing but silence there.in over 10 years i have only seen one person at it.it is a special spot to think about life,...and to collect meat also.this is the view while sitting with my favorite weapon.you got a special place??

[​IMG]

and a better view of what i see setting there.

[​IMG]

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Used to have a spot like that before I moved..... now my favorite spot is my king sized bed, and the weapon has given way to the tv remote.

What part of the country is that? I'm gonna guess upper midwest.

3. the dog

the dog Monkey+++

it is about a 150 foot flat circle plateau at about 3500 ft elevation in virginia.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

That must have been a brier-patch ten years ago, Dog. A thicket, at best unless raising your leg on those little trees keeps them stunted.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Actually, there is a lot of open woods like that here in NOrthern VA. Not at all too hard to find. Wish I had more time to spend rooting around behind the roadside verges where the poison ivy and briars like to grow.

6. the dog

the dog Monkey+++

its hard to tell in picture but the tree you can see at left of my boot it is a chesnutoak that is over 3 ft in dimeter.the picture i title better view has a oak on right side that is about 20 incher.but most of the trees are red maple.the truth about the flat spot is it was a old landing sight from about 1970 ish.i have white pine trees that reach 4 ft in diameter and are 100 ft tall.it is a great place to hunt.i am pruning up all the white oaks and i fertlizer them too.also this area is surrounded with grapevines.....can you say turkeys.....lol...and grouse.

7. the dog

the dog Monkey+++

trees for you...a few of my giants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a look up

[​IMG]

and my meadow

[​IMG]

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

What part of paradise is this in Dog? (do I sound like a homie?)

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

good thread:
    gotta spot myself;
    momma used to slap my hands for touching it all the time!
    gonna hafta photo my favorite lake next hike in...(spring)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7