My first step...revisited often but probably not often enough

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by DarkLight, May 16, 2015.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No reason I can think of, other than the lazies that would neither work nor contribute.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

There will always be those that leach off of society.... and those in control, that want the vote from these leaches, to continue to build their power base over those that do not need their snake oil.......

Tully Mars, BlueDuck, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I need to ask, how many of those flash lights do you still have? I went semi-manic yesterday when I opened the cupboard to get a flash light and there were only 3 in there. Three! There are usually a dozen in there. I have more in a bin but the usable stash had been used and not placed back in the proper place. I was giving a sermon on placing things back where you found them, someone was trying to blame the dog and the other was telling me to chill cause it was daylight out.

Yesterday was a good lesson. And today I realized I am an offender of not placing things back also. I took the solar radio out of the car yesterday while I was working in the yard. I didn't put it back in my car. I was very careful when I first started, I cannot afford to relax now. Sometimes I think getting in the beginner prepper mode again would be good.

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

We still have at least one in each room but a number of the "cheap bulk pack" were...well cheap. Not inexpensive, cheap. Battery holders that broke, caps that wouldn't screw back on after a battery change, I had a number that split down the side at the injection molding seam, it was pretty brutal.

All told, I think less than half a dozen (of probably 30+ ) are still around, no joke. Instead, I have slowly replaced them with better but still inexpensive models and am slowly (again) replacing everything with mag lights. I just can't bring myself to drop the coin on a FENIX in each nightstand yet. Eventually, probably, but the mini AA Mag Lights work great and the new ones are LED and seem to last forever.

In addition to every room (not just bedroom but bathroom and if it's separate, "toilet room" for lack of a better term, living room, kitchen, office, garage...every room), there are half a dozen in bags as well as the "pile" in the kitchen cabinet over the microwave.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

And now I've looked online and Fenix flashlights are less than or the same as Mag lights now...*sigh*.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Motomom34 When thinking about "A place for everything, and everything in it's place" You have to get a little OCD about that.... It took me, almost a lifetime to develop that, into a way of Life. It drives me "Crazy" when AlaskaChick uses something, and doesn't put it back, in it's Place, when she is done... and then I need that item, and it isn't where it should be.... We laugh about it sometimes, but it is the difference between and "OCD", and a "Pile'er". She can usually find ANYTHING that she has put in a Pile, if asked, but I can't find ANYTHING that is in one of her Piles, unless I look at everything, in each pile, until I find what I am looking for.... So we coexist, and have for 40+ years.... Must be a Mars,/Venus thing...

7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

MUST be a "nurse thing". I have one here that does the same thing:)

alaskachick likes this.
  8. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I have shares of a Spanish land grant and would not have any idea how one would carve out a personal piece of property for oneself. The one I have shares in was given to me by my grandfather and dad and it is essentially a co-op. I get a very small check annually which I guess is my share of the profits from grazing fees.

Ganado likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Gecko enjoying the fountain
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2024 at 4:03, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    My outdoor orchid blossomed today!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 22, 2024 at 19:09, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    It's time for my yearly lychee progress picture!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 21, 2024 at 2:26, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 11, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    I love Sundays!
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    I'm always happier outside!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7