My High Power is back from the Gunsmith's

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GOG, Sep 2, 2016.

1. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

This is a mismatched FN High Power. The slide was blued and the frame was Parkerized. Some doofus electro-penciled the frame number on the slide under the ejection port and then got artistic on the barrel hood too. :rolleyes:
    However, it shot really well, the slide to frame fit was quite nice and there was no import mark anywhere. It became my EDC when I switched from a .45ACP Commander 1911 to 9mm and more capacity.
    I figured it didn't need to be pretty, just functional. Well that idea got modified a bit when I sent it to Velzey to have it reliability tuned.
    So, a trigger job, internal fluff and buff, Wolff springs everywhere, slide and barrel hood art eliminated and a fresh Parkerizing and it's ready to go. There's also an eleven degree target crown on the barrel although it shot better than me before I sent it away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

nice handle!

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Had one in the early 70's. Loved that gun. However, got hard up for money to buy food with and sold it to a Florida Highway Patrolman. I hope he put it to good respectable use.

Ganado, Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

NICE... just plain nice!

GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Thank you for a welcome break and some good news on this otherwise bad day. Only thing missing was a few holes in a target as more eye candy. That crowning and grips are really nice.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

A very nice firearm!!!

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I wanted it to be reliable, nothing fancy, just solid. It's my main sidearm.

Although, the target crown is vanity on my part. Velzey and I thought it would look good. :)

He also worked over my FEG H.P. while he was at it. I like having it as a spare.

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Nice looking weapon , but I can see as the way it's pictured , that gun is totally worthless .
    It's not loaded !!!! [lolol]

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Nice EDC sir, Nice! And Good Job to Velzey for his fine skills as well! Cant say it enough, if it needs a fixin, he's the guy if your in Orygun! Love those grips, that's a worthy piece for a goin to town dress pistol!

GOG likes this.
  10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Not so fast! There could still be one in the pipe :)

GOG likes this.
  11. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Nope, it's empty. I didn't want to shoot my eye out when I took those awful pictures. The grips are pretty nice, I'll see if I can get a better pic or two.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Very, very, nice job!

13. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I forgot, the night sights are Meprolights. I don't much care for them, but choices are limited for High Powers. Not tactical enough. :rolleyes:

I inserted a couple of better pictures into the first post.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sweet!!!!

GOG likes this.
  15. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

If I were limited to a single handgun it would be, without any question whatsoever a BHP.
    Fine example mate.

Tully Mars and GOG like this.
  16. duane

duane Monkey+++

Just about Mr. Browning's last design, finished after he died and finished after the patents had expired on the 1911 so it is the best of both worlds. Other than the safety messing up the trigger pull a little, about as fine of a design and as reliable pistol as has ever been made. Like a good pair of hiking boots, the beauty is in the design and the reliability and it just keeps on working.

GOG likes this.
  17. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

Very nice.

I have one of the South American "FM" military knock offs for banging around, no style points at all with mine.

whynot

18. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

@whynot I had one of those Argentine's some years back and it was a fine pistol and a good shooter. It always did what it was supposed to do.

I have a small collection of BHP magazine safeties. It's always the first thing to go. I should probably toss them, but I hate to throw out any gun related parts.

Tully Mars likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My Belgian Browning HiPower was one of the last that were produced in Belgian. It is, and always has been the Sweetest, slickest, Semi-Auto Handgun, in my estimation. I bought it New, back in '74, and it replaced my Colt Pocket Auto 1903, in .38ACP, that I carried for Years, as a Pack Gun. I made the mistake of letting @alaskachick shoot it, when I first got it.... I had to save up, and buy her a Dan Wesson Stainless .357 PistolPak, in order to get the Browning, back from her....

Ganado and GOG like this.
  20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Very nice piece GOG...

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7