My idea for recycling

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by VHestin, Dec 14, 2010.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I've always been fascinated by throwing stars, and I was thinking of turning soup can lids into them, but I'm not sure if they would work as well, and maybe I should just have them as mini-chakrams(couldn't resist a Xena reference, sorry). Suggestions needed on which would be the better way to go.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

If you want Chakrams use radial saw blades... remove the teath and sharpen then cutout the center...sand and throw... always wear leather gloves while throwing much safer...can lids are too light...

3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Foo on all that fancy crud, cutting and sharpening. When TSHTF, OLD sawblades are part of the arsenal, just sharpen snatch and sling! Heck, anything can be weaponized, within reason. - Use the cans (and lids) to make mini-stoves/heaters with shredded paper/lint and broken crayons. Barter-able (or even charity) item there with a triple recyclable materials use.

4. Witch Doctor 01

Well i can't say how accurate your blades are but i can stick one of My chakrams an inch in a bullseye on a pine traget at 30 feet... on a regular basis...

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Accuracy be damned, they are a distraction weapon.

6. Witch Doctor 01

well... any weapon i use is not for distraction if i have to use it as a weapon...

just saying...

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, like WD said -the can lids are too light. From my early days of ninjitsu reading from Stephen Hayes, I recall the fact that star type shiruken are meant for wounding/distraction primarily, but the spike shiruken can be quite lethal. If you don't know, they are the ones that look kinda like steel pencils.

8. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

I think this thread is in the wrong section.[fnny]

9. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Forget soup can lids. Make soap out of bankers and congress.

10. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Fast Selling Inventory

Fireplaceguy,

If you advertise those ingredients, you will not be able to keep your soap in stock.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7