My Liberal Diary

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Seacowboys, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Day 51, My Liberal Diary
    There is a glass-snake living in my back yard! I have seen this glass snake on several occasions. He looks like a snake, a shiny bronze snake, but it is actually a lizard, not a snake at all. It has no legs so it crawls like a snake, sort of just wiggles it's way around. It doesn't make any difference to my wife, the right-wanger; if it looks like a snake, crawls like a snake, then it is a snake. But it is not a snake, it's a lizard, dammit. It has lizard eyes, a lizard mouth and nose, and if you try to pick it up, it's tail will break off and remain there wiggling while the important part crawls it''s way to safety. It doesn't mind loosing a piece of it's tail, whatever grabs it still gets a free meal and the lizard lives on, grows another tail, and still looks like a snake until something else tries to eat it. Sort of like these Republicans, they act like a conservative, they talk like a conservative, they pretend to be conservative but when something actually puts it to the test, their tail breaks off and wiggles around to distract you then the sneaky bastard crawls away to safety. This is why I decided to become a Liberal, because of these spineless Rino politicians. You may pretend to be a snake, you may look like a snake, but you are just a bug eating sorry-assed lizard without any legs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Tully Mars, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Enough of a vacation for you mister. Time to get back to work on your Liberal Diary

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Seacowboys

Day 62, My Liberal Diary
    When I was a child, I wanted to run off and join the circus. I would be a tight-rope walker or a trapeze artist, but after trying my hand at that enough times to acquire several sprained ankles and a dislocated shoulder, the dream still lived but I would train elephants and tigers and lions, never really wanted to be a clown. I was so determined to be a trainer of wild animals, that I set out to trap my own menagerie and practice for when I would ultimately escape to the circus and become a lion tamer. I already had an Eastern Fox Squirrel and a crow that were trained. I also had a pack of dogs that were trained to perform. My sister started a neighborhood circus and I had my squirrel, Flipper, he would ride Pepper (Boxer) around the ring while Oscar Wilde (crow) flew around them screeching "Play Ball". Problem was, however well trained they were, a squirrel just doesn't have the appeal of an African lion or an elephant. I needed a larger wild animal to work with so I set out to dig a hole, a really big, deep hole, one big enough to trap a small elephant or a lion or two. I will admit that the hole started out as a hole for a hole's sake but as more friends started helping with it, the hole started taking on a more practical purpose. We would start our own circus with the wild animals we would trap, lions, maybe a bear or two, an elephant or one of my grandfather's Jersey cows...by the time the horror of catching Bossy in our trap occurred to me, daylight had gone and there was just no time to fill our cow trap back in so we decided to park my grandfather's hay wagon over the top to keep the cow from stumbling into our pit until we could return the following day to un-hole our trap. I am not going to attempt to describe the next days after my grandfather discovered his hay wagon upright in a fifteen feet deep hole in the ground, suffice to say that it was quite a while before I revisited the idea of becoming a circus performer. We might have actually been better off if we had caught one or two of his cows.
    I realize this is wandering a bit from my sojourn as a newly christened Liberal but I can see some parallels here. We have a grand idea, a wonderful dream but we just are not likely to become trapeze artists or tight rope walkers at this stage, we have dug a pretty big hole to catch something but the only thing we seem to be catching is a lot of crap, and be assured, sooner of later, we'll catch a somebody's cow or wagon, or something equally as damaging. That really only leaves the clowns....wonder how many Liberals we can get into a Prius?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  4. Seacowboys

Day 63, My Liberal Diary
    It is a beautiful night out by Mobile Bay tonight, quarter moon and not a cloud in the sky. I worked today, tearing out some rotting aquaponics beds from my greenhouse and cutting the lumber into pieces to burn. Now I am sitting by a nice fire on my patio by the koi pond, playing guitar and learning an old Mac MacCanally song that my friend, Nori, plays. She does a unique presentation of this song, that I truly enjoy. She sort of takes the Sawyer Brown cover of it and gives it passion. I am doing it more of a Joe Cocker style, because it is such an angry/sad song. Nori isn't a Liberal or a Conservative; she's a musician and puts all of her passion into her love of music, her family, and dogs that keep showing up. I enjoy playing music with her because she puts so much passion into the song, I don't see a lot of passion among my new Liberal friends; they're mostly "wait and see" type people and the closest thing to passion they really seem to feel, is being pissed off at Donald Trump. I really can't say that I'm very passionate about anything political, is this ok? I prefer to keep my passion with the things that I enjoy; music, friends, work (yes, I enjoy working, especially with my hands and strength), and keeping my family and extended family safe. I confess to some pride in working to provide for my family and I really don't want any help from the government or any interference from them either, such as taking more of my pay to provide for some of our lesser fortunate friends that prefer to hustle crack and make welfare babies for a living. I am not getting a good grip on this Liberal thing, I suppose. I really don't enjoy not liking people because they have their own opinion and it happens to be vastly different than my own. I really believe that our Republic has stood strong for over two centuries and just now, we want to turn it into some idealistic version of the Soviet Union. I am so sure that folks like Jon Anderson, Rosie McDonald, that bleached blond singer that wanted to blow everybody that voted for that Clinton woman, all have ideas that we could do this same kinda thing but paint it pink and dress it in a vagina suit and it will all work out better for everybody. I don't disagree with this, I just think there are some substantial items being over looked, like who is gonna pay for it all?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That is not a question that occurs to a liberal. Your conversion is incomplete.

Tully Mars, RightHand and Seacowboys like this.
  6. Seacowboys

Day 64, My Liberal Diary
    Today, I rewired my cable internet in the house, cut and burned a pile of old lumber from aquaponics growing beds that I am replacing, painted the hood on my old van, set a sprinkler on my garden to water it on a timer, took my crazy mother-in-law shopping at Walmart and Costco, and fixed lunch and dinner for my invalid wife. I swapped mixers in my studio and did a major rerouting to allow recording sessions to be broadcast on the internet in real time and have other musicians join the session remotely. I was expecting to have a bunch of LGBTQs, BLMs, raging vagina-clad angry women, or at least a few illegal Mexicans, drop by and offer to help but apparently they don't really do anything related to work except demand entitlements from those of us that are stupid enough to actually do work. My wife, the right-wanger, broke her tail-bone last week when she fell while washing my clothes, the ones that get dirty when i work. Then the toilets all stopped up and drenched the floors with vile smelling water and she hurt her neck while dealing with that and the fine folks at Roter-Rooter; the ones that said they would charge $239.00 to fix the problem but managed to stretch it into $650.00 before they actually got the toilets back to working properly.
    I am 61 years old and would like to retire and enjoy the last years of my life, but I will actually have to work until I die unless you guys get better organized and actually start getting some of this free stuff for us. I am willing to lean so far Left, that I better learn to speak Chinese if someone will just pay for the stuff I need, like food, clothing, and shelter. I realize, as a senior citizen, I am entitled to at least get some of the money back that I have paid all my life to social security and since I can't afford a new car, how about the Feds give me one of those armored personnel carriers that they gave to every little mom and pop police department in America? I'll settle for a tank or a hummer but I would prefer one of those black SUVs that the Secret Service gets to ride around in.
    I now have sort of a cat. I do not especially like cats but this one got abandoned by it's mother along with two dead siblings on my Mother-in-law's porch. It hasn't opened it's eyes yet. I got an eye-dropper and have been feeding it warm milk every couple hours. Poor little thing hasn't got a clue; blind, looking for something warm and furry to snuggle towards a tit on and having to drink milk from a cow through a glass eye-dropper. Now is that fair? It has only one expectation now, for me to feed it. I am sure this is a liberal cat, since it is relying on me to keep it warm, protect it from ants, heat, and predators, and feed it. It is solid black, it really doesn't matter what I name it because cats don't come when you call them anyway, so I'll name it Darky and hope nobody gets offended.

oldawg, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Give Darky our best regards.......

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Darky might respond to Goat milk better. BTDT.

9. Seacowboys

Day 65, My Liberal Diary
    We had a storm today, lots of drenching rain and the ground-water table is so high that my septic system is pretty much in limbo so if any Right-wangers out there want some more shit from a Liberal, well, I can probably give you a bucket or two. Today turned into a beautiful, clear sky and warm sunshine, just after the storms passed. Strikes me as funny that always seems to happen.
    My Darky is doing well on goat's milk; thank you Tully Mars! I put it with the golden retriever for a while to bond them. My Dobermon, who's favorites pass-time is barking at cats, is very cool with my Darky. She very gently baths the little kitten. I hope it's eyes open before I leave on my Bike trip, Thursday. I haven't a clue as to my Darky's age, He/she's only been with me for two day after I found her and two dead siblings lying on a sun-baked front porch at my favorite crazy mother-in-law;s house. Earlier, the mother cat was there nursing them, but she split and didn't bother to come back until the heat had baked two of them. I don't care for cats at all. I do not dis-like them, it's just that a cat would be so far down on the list of things that I want or need, that you'd get bored with reading the list a long time before you ever got to the word "Cat", unless you read back a while to one of my blogs where I mentioned an Asian-American owned restaurant in Lake City, Florida, called "The FuKing Restaurant". I tried to get my Darky to bond with the Weinerdog, because he is sort of a similar size as an adult alley-cat. Unfortunately, Garfield (Weiner-dog), thought he'd bite my Darky's little head off. I am sure he was thinking "Live Snacks, Oh Boy!", so we have a little ways yet to go in establishing species equality and I was wondering if any of my Liberal friends might have some ideas about how to facilitate this apparently frequently mentioned problem so often encountered by we Leftists. My greatest hope would be that one of you might take my little Darky and watch it actually become a cat.
    I wrote and recorded this song and dedicated it to my newly found Liberalism: Writing On THe Wall | "Mississippi River Crooks" Darrell Wallace

Tully Mars, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Day 66, My Liberal Diary
    My little Darky passed away last night despite all my efforts at being a surrogate mother. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to PETA. Burial has already been taken care of because I just didn't have room to park all those cadillacs if we'd had a real funeral.
    I still have septic tank problems so there is plenty of shit available, if you'd like some to donate to your favorite right-wanger. This will continue to be a problem at least until the rain stops so I can replace the lift-station pump float switch. Replacing a switch is not a complicated process until you have to do it in a concrete underground box filled with raw sewage, then it becomes one of those things that you wish Donald Trump would leave a few illegal Mexicans around the neighborhood to do.
    I mentioned that my wife had broken her tail-bone. This was confirmed by her Doctor yesterday with x-rays. She got two shots of something in her ass that at least let her sleep last night. Her neck, the one she broke while we were in Honduras on a salvage job years ago, now has a stainless steel pin holding it together and they are very concerned that she might have damaged it when she fell and may have to have surgery to repair the damage. Right now, she is pretty much paralyzed, in constant pain, and cannot move her head up, down, or side-ways; since I am nearly deaf and my new hearing aids have not yet arrived, we have worked out a simple code for her to answer questions. She has COPD too and can't get enough breath to speak loudly, so I bought her some blank cartridges for her revolver. If the answer is yes, she fires one shot, if the answer is no, two. If the answer is more complicated, she reserves the options to reload with live ammunition and shoot whatever is causing the problem. If she requires a specific task be done, she just points the revolver at you and motions towards whatever it is that needs doing or undoing and lets you guess if it is loaded with blanks or hollow-points. She is on medicare and social security disability already but since her illness was incremental in development, it was two years before she actually couldn't work any more at all but had continued to work a few hours a day during this time. She made less than a quarter of what her earnings had been the past several years and social security based her disability payments on her salary for the last six months she worked. Instead of drawing an amount proportionate to the salary she had earned before her injuries, she receives a monthly stipend based on her earnings for a 16 hour work week. I would recommend that if any of my Liberal friends are thinking about applying for social security disability, you should go ahead and do it while you are still earning enough money to make it worth the trouble, if you just gradually decline in your ability to perform your job and consequently, your pay decreases, you will be screwed.. I am only saying this because there must be other newly converted Liberals out there that still have jobs even if most of us manage to subside quite comfortably by other means, such as community organizing riots and such..
    I will be leaving on a four day motorcycle camping trip tomorrow so will probably not be able to post my diary but I will take pictures and video to share upon my return. .

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Seacowboys

Day 67, My Liberal Diary
    I haven't written in a few days, but sitting here reflecting by a campfire on my patio, I think I'll catch up on the last several days as a single event because it all seems to tie itself together. I have spent the past five nights, sitting around a fire and will probably share some video just for a tiny bit of contrast. Thursday morning, my friend, a wonderful Luthier and fine musician, and I set out for Nashville to camp for the evening with another old friend, play some music, cook some shrimps, and just reflect on life. We were a little later starting our trip than we had planned so it was bit late by the time we got there: much later, actually. This was in part to a technological breakdown , as much as anything else. When we arrived, the music was fun but the camping part was a bit disorganized. The shrimps sort of got neglected, as did Willi remembering to bring a sleeping bag. He thought he would just return to the house, not realizing that the right-wangers that owned the campground ( had to buy a campsite reservation from campsite.gov at midnight from a smart phone), would lock the gates at midnight, so Willi became a somewhat reluctant and very cold camper trying to sleep on gravel with just a single blanket and pillow, did I mention that there was frost? Fortunately, they opened the gates at 6:00 A.M., and we sat around the fire talking and playing music until three in the morning, so he actually only had to toss around shivering and being miserable for three hours before they let him out of the frozen hell known locally as Seven Points on Percy Priest Lake.
    The morning was beautiful, clear, and the day promised to warm and make for pleasant motorcycle riding weather for the next leg of our trip. We had coffee, a hot shower, some clean clothes, and left the campground around ten in the morning and arived at the Knob Creek camp ground, by three in the afternoon. I set up a nice camp and then road my now unloaded motorcycle, back into Shepardsville, to pick up a few groceries. Our bikes were loaded pretty heavy with our camping gear and two small amplifiers and guitars, so after setting up camp, Tim stayed to get the fire started while I left to fetch essentials to prepare meals around a fire for the next two days and nights.
    We spent the evening playing music while folks from around the campground came by to listen or join in, cooked delicious meals on the fire, and made a lot of new friends that I am pretty sure are definite right-wangers but I believe we can convert them, because they didn't seem ignorant, stupid, or even racist.
    We also had a campfire the second night at Knob Creek, some fine music, excellent conversations, great food, and some fire of a different type too. Did I mention that Knob Creek is a shooting range where twice a year, right-wangers gather to shoot machine guns into old cars and boats and stuff, filled with dynamite? Now, we're getting to the point...We have been thinking that these little semi-automatic rifles that we call Assault Weapons are machine guns, but are really no different than say, a revolver, at least in it's actually function. It doesn't "Spray" bullets, it just shoots one bullet each time the trigger is pulled and released. A 150 year old revolver does exactly the same thing, no more, no less; it just shoots one bullet when the the trigger is pulled until it runs out of bullets! These are some real machine guns, in this video, not the things that sort of look like them but don't shoot hundreds of bullets each time the trigger is held down.
    We rode back to Mobile, Alabama from Knob Creek, KY in a single day so we didn't have a fire last night. We spent 16 hours riding down the government owned highway on motorcycles. We had to stop for a while, near Birmingham because of an unfortunate automobile accident that apparently killed one of our liberal compatriots. She had a "Trump IS a Racist" sticker on the bumper of her car, somewhere a few hundred feet from where most of her was sitting behind the wheel, seat belt fastened, but still pretty dead. So just like I am writing my diary for the past few days, I am also enjoying the campfire I missed last night while freezing my ass off at 85 mph dodging trucks in the dark. It's called delayed gratification and I think we liberals might learn a little bit from that.

12. Seacowboys

Day 68, My Liberal Diary
    Well, the Republican Governor of Alabama resigned because he got caught having an illicit affair with a woman that wasn't his wife! Can you believe that? I just don't understand why he didn't have enough sense to use a cigar instead of his little willi or at least use the presidential blow-job excuse. You'd think these right-wangers would take a lesson from our former President, Slick Willy Clinton, hell; he got caught and helped his wife run for president. Clinton stood in front of all America and proclaimed, " I did not have sex with that woman!" One of the greatest political dodges ever, leaving the insertion of foreign objects into a woman's vagina and blow-jobs clearly defined as "not sex". No wonder these right-wangers are so stupid, they don't know how to get caught and lie their way out of it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  13. Seacowboys

Day 69, My Liberal Diary
    I am starting to think that I am not a very good liberal. I ask too many questions that get rhetoric rather than answers and when I don't accept that, then I tend to piss off my fellow liberals rather than bonding. This tax thing really get me. How can those of us that have to work for a living and are barely making ends meet, be expected to pay more taxes from our already insufficient income? If one of my wealthier Liberal friends would just send me an anonymous donation of $100,000.00, I could catch up on my bills, start again at zero. This would allow me the opportunity to observe the functionality of Liberal Economics 101 without the distraction of collection agencies writing me nasty letters and constantly calling while I am trying to just make a living.$100,000.00 didn't seem like such a large amount of money when I was younger but I am now 62 years old, mostly deaf, have rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, poor eyesight, an invalid wife, three dogs, and will have to work until I die. I do not mind working, it is what I do, but when your living expenses at more than your take-home pay, and an unexpected no-pay holiday, such as "Good Friday"?, happens, then the number of calls and letters from creditors increases. I try to explain to them, that I am a Liberal and therefore, should be entitled to...but that's about as far as I get before they start the threats.
    I think I should go back through my paper trail and delete any references to being or voting Republican, being a Caucasian, paying taxes, having a job, ever belonging to the pre-homosexual Boy Scouts of America, heterosexual, male and change my name to Ganorea Pedro Washington, then run for public office.

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  14. Seacowboys

Day 70, My Liberal Diary
    Maxcine Waters wants to impeach Donald Trump because he goes to a club once in a while, wonder why she never said anything about all those vacations that Obama took? Somehow or another, I suspect an evening at a country-club in Florida doesn't quite costs as much as a European tour or Africa, or even weekly Left-coast golfing, but I could be wrong so let's impeach that bastard!
    In my ignorant past as a conservative Libertarian, I went to several Tea-Party rallies. These were not riots, never involved any looting, we even picked up our trash afterwards, We just gathered together in Washington D.C. to express our desire for Barrak Obama, Hillary Clinton, Maxcine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reed, and a few others, to die and go to hell for eternity, where they belonged. As a result of my misguided efforts, my leftist friends sicced the IRS on me and put a lien on my house and took all my savings for taxes they said I owed from 2000, a year that I didn't bother to file taxes because I took the year off and didn't earn any money at all and didn't even live in the United States, but they estimated that I should have paid taxes at least the amount that I had made the year before, which had allowed me to take a year long sabbatical from work and they assessed penalties and interest for fifteen years and demanded payment. I do not work over-seas any longer, because of health issues with my wife and a mother-in-law that is a paranoid schizophrenic and requires constant attention. This has resulted in an income of less than a third of what I was earning and with the increased medical costs, we now have to grow a garden and raise fish and rabbits to maintain a healthy diet. I am a working liberal, but I do not mind. Having to work is a hell of a lot easier than starvation and being homeless. I supplement my income by writing and performing music. Friday night, I performed at the American Legion in Fairhope, Alabama. My supplemental income for an entire evening of running sound for a number of songwriters, as well as performing, was approximately two double Jack Daniels on ice. I do not believe that most of the people at the American Legion in Fairhope, Alabama, were liberally inclined but I could be mistaken. I think they were mostly ex-military people that liked to drink and talk loudly while music is being played. Anyway, since they tax the money I make playing music, as well as the pitiance I make working a full-time day job, and since more than all my total income is required to keep us alive and a roof over our head, can I pay some of my taxes in cucumbers, tomatoes, and okra?

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  15. Seacowboys

Day 71, My Liberal Diary
    I got my first dreadlock today and didn't even have to scalp a Rasta! 20170417_143305. 20170417_143305.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Seacowboys

Day 72, My Liberal Diary
    OK, what did they do with them? Apparently I am not the only one that has noticed, just google it. I didn't know that peepers were no longer here; I enjoyed sitting outside listening to them until my wife explained that it was snowing and there were no peepers...That was when I first realized that I had hearing trouble; I was hearing peepers and there were no peepers. I still assumed that they were still there in the Tinnitus background, at least during the springs and summer, but now I have hearing aids, I can hear a pin drop and there are no peepers? Lightning bugs seem to be missing too. No frogs, only a very few lightning bugs, and where did all those wild plums that grew all along the roadside go? When I was a boy, we snacked on wild plums everywhere, they grew along every fence row, every roadside, every ditch bank: try to find a wild plum tree now? What in the hell did those damned Republicans do with them? Global warming won't work to explain it because peepers, lightning bugs, and wild plums all need warm weather. I know Monsanto has something to do with it. I want my wild plums back and I want to listen to peepers in the evening. And whippoorwills. I haven't heard a whippoorwill in years. I do not believe my children ever had the opportunity to pick and eat wild plums in their life time. Nor have they every had a real strawberry or peach, only those giant, disease free tasteless things that they grow now that looks like strawberries or peaches but have almost no natural sweetness. My bees have gone! Two hives swarmed the same day and hive moths wiped out the rest. If we had peepers, I'll just bet those hive moths would be eaten. We seem to have plenty of ticks, lots of no-see-ums, tons of mosquitoes, just a surplus of blood-sucking useless parasites constantly nibbling away at those of us that still have to work for a living. I have to work from sun-up to sun-down, I would like to hear some peepers and maybe a whippoorwill when I get done, snack on a handful of wild plums and watch the lightning bugs flicker around while I sit and contemplate just how in the hell I am going to survive another month of every increasing bills, taxes, and inflation while being eaten alive by a bunch of useless parasites.

Tully Mars likes this.
  17. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Easy enough, go to your safe space and assume the fetal position. Someone will come along directly and give you something to eat and a draught to help you sleep.

18. Seacowboys

Day 73, My Liberal Diary
    There is a small wooden cross on the side of the highway of Rangeline and Baker-Sorrel Road, one of those that folks put up to commemorate the site of a loved one killed in a traffic mishap. I don't know when it appeared, maybe a week or two ago? I probably would not have noticed it at all except that there is one on the side of a highway in Tennessee where my wife's brother died in a wreck. This morning, shortly after daylight, I was driving up Rangeline to Lowes in Tillman's Corner, to get some items needed to repair a crane we were working on. Rangeline is a ten mile stretch of four-lane divided highway through an industrial and wooded area, no houses, stores or scenic views that would encourage you to pay any real attention. There was an old man, I am 61 and if I call someone an Old man, he's pretty old, in a manual wheel chair, propelling himself southward on Rangeline with purpose. I thought this very strange because he was at least a couple of miles from the nearest residential area. When I returned, maybe a hour later, I noticed the old man again. He was stopped by the cross, his head bowed and he appeared almost asleep. A small bouquet of violet flowers now adorned the small cross. I stopped across the highway and watched him for a few moments and almost went over to see if he needed any assistance, but I stopped myself. I wanted to take a photograph but realized this would be an even greater intrusion into this man's privacy. I do not know if the cross represented a lost son, maybe his grand-daughter killed in the same accident that left him confined to a wheelchair while teaching her to drive a stick-shift, or maybe a wife or best friend, but I do know that this man asked no-one to help him, he had to be there and he had to be there under his own power so he rolled his wheelchair miles down a lonely highway by himself to spend those moments alone with his grief or his conscience. I watched as a young woman stopped and disturbed his private moments with offers of help and he just shook his head, No. I thought of that old George Jones song, He Stopped Loving Her Today and remembered how my darling wife had jumped from an airplane to scatter our son's ashes. People asked me why I did not jump with her and all I can say is that it was something between her and the son she gave birth to and I wasn't about to intrude on something as sacred or haloed as the grief of a mother that had lost her baby. Our son was killed by a bullet, liberal as I am, I do not blame the gun, it was not a gun that loaded itself and pulled the trigger, it was a person.
    The old man continued Southward towards Dauphin Island, one of my co-workers spotted him nearly to Greer's Grocery, still pulling himself along down the highway. His wheel chair was one of the manually powered ones, not the little electric buzz-arounds that you see fat women ride around Walmart in. He had someone that he needed to say goodbye to and no-one else could help. I am glad that there are a few people like this left in our world; they seem to be very rare, almost extinct. I am also glad that I did not intrude upon his grief. I am sure that he was very much of a man before whatever illness or misadventure confined him to that damned chair. Grandfather, you have made me want to be a better man. May God Bless you in your final days and give you peace.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Seacowboys

Day 74, My Liberal Diary
    It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, there is a gentle breeze coming off the Gulf of Mexico so it isn't overly hot. I played music with some folks last night and when I returned home, decided to listen to the night for a while. I put in my new hearing aids and stepped outside into the...quiet? There should have been amplified crickets, frogs, night birds, some sound but there was nothing, quiet as a mouse. I hear what sounds like crickets and peepers all the time but it is tinnitus, the hearing aids should have amplified any real night sounds louder than the background noise that isn't really there, but they didn't amplify anything except the sounds of my feet hitting the ground and the door opening and closing. Why was it so quiet? Isn't it enough that they have robbed us of our income, our Liberty, and our privacy, that they have now taken away something as beautiful as the sounds of a Spring night? I could hear people arguing from inside their house down the road but not even one little peeper chirping.They were arguing about money or the lack of it to pay their bills, but apparently still had enough to buy beer to raise their voices audible 200 yards away through a wall.I heard a door slam, a car that needed a new muffler start up and throw gravel from the tires as it sped away, no doubt to buy more beer, but even after that commotion quieted back down, no night sounds. I am starting to believe that I have became a real Liberal now, I am sure that I am in a make-believe world, a pretend place, a stage setting, where they detailed all the nuances of rural life in the South but the folio-artist was from Brooklyn and didn't know that there are supposed to be other living creatures stirring about in the dark.

redpoint, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Seacowboys

Day 75, My Liberal Diary,
    Dear Mr. Trump,
    I am picking the meat from left-over blue crabs from the Gulf of Mexico and wondering why the United State is the only place I have ever been in the world that charges you money to catch your dinner from the ocean, in the form of licenses. Why should a person, remember that everyone has to eat, be charged for catching a meal from an ocean that connects the entire rest of the world? Can we even be certain that these crabs are not from Canada, Mexico or Thailand? They pretty much crawl or swim where-ever they want to and pay absolutely no regard to international borders, so if you are so determined to rid North˙ America of illegal immigrants, why not start with seafood? Charge them a fee instead of those of us that can't afford to buy healthy food and must resort to capturing it in the wild. I am pretty sure that the one that pinched the blood out of my thumb on the way to the cooking pot was speaking North Korean and might well have been a subversive. I will admit to being a liberal, but I did vote for you in the last election. I didn't do that because I thought you would make a good president, although you seem to be doing much better than my other liberal associates believed you would. I voted for you because I thought Hillary Clinton was a skank and should have been thrown in prison, no disrespect intended, but you seem to be a reasonable guy and might even be a fisherman although, as a billionaire, I am sure you can afford to pay other people to catch and cook your dinner for you. Mr. Trump, we seriously need to stop charging people money to catch and eat fish and other animals. Food should be free, at least, if you can catch it.
    Sincerely,
    A concerned Liberal that likes to eat Blue Crabs

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7