my neighbor in need

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homunculi, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

Click here to support riding mower for a vietnam vet organized by Jeffrey Curtis

been tinkering with mowers for 2 months between my jobs just cannot find one that i can get running .. and now with a full time position and trying to keep some accounts on the side .. i have very little time anymore ... i would love to see him get a new mower ... but i am limited on funds here at home ... as the V.A. has made the decision to cut my wifes benefits by 50% as they believe that the surgery has fixed her back and she does not need their help anymore ...

thank you in advance
    for any help
    H and the Mrs..

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3, techsar and 4 others like this.
  2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

I can pitch $20 on payday.
    Good on ya H...and prayers for the mission.

MC

Homunculi, GrayGhost and Mountainman like this.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Will support once it gets going. OPSEC on first donations, ya know???

Homunculi likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm looking for a used mower too, stay away from troybilt. Everyone that has a troybilt riding mower doesn't have anything good to say about them.

Homunculi likes this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

They're not Troybuilt any more. They've sold out to some other (probably Chinese) outfit.

6. Mindgrinder

I'll talk to @Motomom34 aboot accepting Opsec enabled donations from site members today...
    There's more than a couple folks on here who have already blown their cover with her and I doubt she'd mind gathering up the loot and making a bulk pmnt to the campaign.
    Pretty sure they Go Fund Me does anon donations too by credit card.

@Homunculi - i think you have to reach the goal or it won't get paid out.

Will do what i can to get you over the hill,

MG

Homunculi likes this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

well I used paypal and a credit card, stayed away from the google and facebook crap, and if you look at his link the donation say anonymous.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  8. Mindgrinder

Yup it can be done anon. No opsec worries.

9. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

got the email and it told me you send in a donation tac

tacmotusn likes this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'll send some. I won't use my credit/ debit cards over the Internet / computer. I've been wanting to try one of those prepaid cards for online stuff , so I'll pick one up later this week and see if I can make it work. Otherwise , I can send you a postal money order. Would be glad to help any Vet in need.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  11. Mindgrinder

Dont send cash - Go Fund Me won't pay out unless he makes the goal.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Mountainman

Well there goes the idea I was going to post about giving a work address to send money to. Went to the GFM page to donate and when I saw what info they wanted it was a definite no go for me! Will send a donation to a fellow monkey regular if they want to PM an address and make a group donation.

Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Perhaps PM @tacmotusn and see how he did his anonymously...?

14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

it is not totally anonymous H is identified, or maybe that is the neighbors name, but I don't think so, cause H wanted to do this as a surprise. so you learn who H is and the town he is from and he gets an email address you give them. I could have used a Russian email address but I just used the same one monkey has. besides that I used paypal which I already had. I do not do facebook or google social media chit

15. Mountainman

It only says anonymous on the GFM page. To make a donation your name and CC or PP info is all real. Surely .goob monitors specific funding pages to collect names. Not that I'm paranoid, but..........[peep]

Yard Dart likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is a nice thing you are trying to do for your neighbor. Since he is a vet, he may be able to get something done locally. VFW will help those in need, he just needs to fill out paperwork and stuff. . Please note, if it will be a pride thing then do not do what you are doing. I had a friend who was run into by a bunch of meth-heads. They totaled his truck. My friend's niece started a go fund me page. He was angry and mortified. It was a thoughtful gesture on his nieces part but he does not accept charity. All money was returned and that that he could not return was donated to an old folks home.

Will you neighbor accept a gift like that?Also, if he is elderly and alone, he may enjoy the time you spend with him fixing the mower.

Mountainman likes this.
  17. Mountainman

@Homunculi, what Moto said above and maybe have interested monkeys PM you to see if there are enough of them to make it worth giving out an address for mailed in donations of cash or money orders. Does not have to be your address, could be work or a trusted friend. You already put out your name so it does not matter at this point.

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

I am thinking he refuses to let me mow because he knows me and the mrs are struggling as well esp since the va has sent the notice that they are cutting her benefits in November... talked with my neighbor last night and told him what I am doing ... he got quiet for a few minutes and looked like he had a tear in his eye ..and said thank you .... and this morning I had fresh tomatoes ... cantaloupe and honey dew melons on the patio table from his garden

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Shared on F.B. for you.

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Have you talked to the local VFW or vet services? @Homunculi

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7