My new build

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bishop, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

KIMG2708.JPG Finally got all my parts in and got it together 5.56 10 1/2 barrel ar pistol.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Nice... I like the arm brace! ;)

sec_monkey, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Really nice. Why did you go with the 556 and not the 300 Blackout? I have no AR type pistols and in thinking about one, that was always the interesting point. I know, the answer is to build one of each and take a few years to decide.

4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

5.56 is cheaper to buy and easyer to find and I have a mvp predator and a ar15 rifle that all takes the same mag and ammo.

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yes but 300 is so easy to reload, can recycle 223 cartridges, has a nice heavy projectile, makes a good sub sonic round for a can, is legal for deer, etc. Have both in rifle and would never go back. Don't try 300 Blackout, almost impossible to go back to only 223 if you do. YMMV but I love the cartridge here in New England and our shorter range usual shots.
    Has kind of became the new 30-30.

6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I have shot them and like them I just go with what I know is very available around me I do deer hunt with my 223 all neck shots all drop were they stand I use a 75gr. Boat tail hollow point been hinthun with the set up for about 12years now.

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Awesome build, That one is pretty close to me heart! I carried a Mod 607 for many many years, and grew very fond of it! Light, handy, compact, and still able to reach out there further then folks generally think!
    [​IMG]

8. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

This is actually a pistol about 25inchs long I need to put a tape on it to be sure

sec_monkey, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

my .223 AR pistol with 7 inch SS barrel is 23.25" overall length

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Mine is a 10.5 Inch SBR. I went ahead and did the stamp a few years ago, it can also take a can!

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. OldDude49
  2. Big Ron
  3. Seacowboys
  4. 3M-TA3
  5. Grand58742
  6. Yard Dart
  7. homeshow
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7