My New KOA Bush Camp Knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by DomC, May 6, 2014.

1. DomC

DomC Monkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Made in the Good Ole USA... :)
    Knives Of Alaska Bush Camp Knife.

1) Metal: D2.
    2) Rockwell Hardness: 59-61.
    3) Bevel: 18 - 20°.
    4) Knife Length: 10-1/2".
    5) Blade Length: 6".
    6) Blade Thickness: .140".
    7) Handle: Black rubberized Suregrip.
    8) Weight: 8.3 oz.
    9) Sheath: Vegetable Tanned Oiled Leather.
    10) Super sharp from the box!
    I haven't had the time to take her out but from the reviews I believe I'll be happyX3...Thanx for looking!
    DomC

Georgia_Boy and Yard Dart like this.
  2. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Just bought a KOS Alpha Wolf for one of my daughters. I was thinking of getting a Bush Camp myself. Good quality for the price. Also considering a Bark River Bravo but it is almost twice the price.

DomC likes this.
  3. DomC

DomC Monkey

Well. yesterday I put the Bush Camp knife to a little test, first in the kitchen then outdoors. I used the knife to prep some veggies for some chili and it worked like a premium chef's knife. I had stropped it to a razor's edge and it sliced and minced flawlessly.
    [​IMG]
    I used some of these beans....
    [​IMG]
    and this for seasoning.
    [​IMG]
    I browned a lb of ground chuck and here is the result. Served it over some al dente spaghetti pasta...delicious!
    [​IMG]
    Here are some pix from outsoors...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was surprised at how the knife handled. I choked up on the choil and carved a nice pothook and the carved point was easy with the edge being so sharp. The handle is easy on the hands too. It makes great feather sticks and the last pic is a baggie of Sabal Palm frond shavings. The spine is ground to a sharp ninety degree and I used it to smooth the point and it makes good sparks with a ferro rod (LMF).
    I am very pleased with this knife and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good inexpensive and high quality GP camp knife. Thanx for looking..
    DomC

Yard Dart and Sapper John like this.
  4. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Great write up!

I would like to hear any experience someone has with the KOA Wolverine Magnum. Appears to be a hand size in between the Alpha Wolf and Bush Camp. But I cannot find any locally to handle.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7