My New KOA Bush Camp Knife

Discussion in 'Blades' started by DomC, May 6, 2014.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I am not attempting to wave my dick around nor do I believe I have said or intend to say that my experiences surpass your or any others here, they are simply my own and on which I base my opinions and beliefs. Somehow you have taken a conversation about knives....to one about D2 steel (when it was about 1095, apples to apples after all) to your your expansive experiences as a frogman. I have simply been using knives for the tasks they were intended (you know cutting things) since my early years, no dark ops, no saving the world from the forces of evil, nothing more remotely exciting than well, cutting things, be they butchering/game processing, other food processing, general camp work, stock/farm work you know...all that mundane stuff, down here on the east coast, out in the centre and up north. I scroll back and an try to figure out what has got your speedos in a bundle but I am at a loss so have at it....you are my hero and the all knowing demigod of everything.

Maybe you and I should apologise to the OP of this thread for cluttering it up, his is a nice looking knife.

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Perhaps the time has come to face reality! All I have done with knives gone past is merely called history! What you might need to due with knives of the future is called reality. If you find yourself unable to preform the simple tasks of survival with your blades of the future, as I have displayed with knives gone past in times that where long past, the failure is not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

And what reality is that ? You and I here are just words on the internet, for all I know about you (or you of me), you may be a teenager sitting among a pile of wadded kleenex and stick books or the reincarnation of Superman himself it matters not.

I am quite comfortable in my choices and understanding of my needs...happy days !!! However if the time comes that I am taking my dying breath up on the banks of the South Alligator lamenting the failure of my chosen blade, you will have had the last word.

But if it makes you happy and appropriately stokes your ego...."you are my hero and none of the rest of us mortals will ever be as good as you" .

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. M118LR

Somehow I don't think it will ever come to that, but I'd be interested in listening to how you overcame such a situation.

5. M118LR

About that Frogman experience. We carried the MK2 (KaBar F/U) crafted by multiple manufacturers and the 1095 steel was basically exposed to salt water on a daily basis. Never had any troubles with the exposed portions of the blade, but just like A799 Flyer Survival Knife, the rat tang nestled beneath the leather washers of the handle were to much trouble to bother with. So if you didn't R&R either knife in a timely manner, catastrophic tang failures could be expected. Many of the 1095 & D2 knives made today have scales that are readily removable, so maintenance can be easily accomplished on all the steel surfaces. Of course this leads to possible problems with the retention fasteners holding the scales on, so care must be taken to ensure the scales remain in place. So there really isn't a reason that any of the D2 or 1095 steel blades equipped with removable scales won't perform for years exposed to salt water with proper maintenance.

MK2MK13Mod0Combo.

Survivalknife.

rat5sd2.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7