My Pet Crow - Proof that welfare causes laziness

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Mindgrinder, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Ok...so here's the story.
    I was BBQ'ing a few weeks back and noticed a real small crow standing on the wood chip pile at the base of our monster Douglas Fir tree... he was just chilling for the whole time I was burning inch thick steaks....
    When I went up to shoo him off - he didn't budge....i realized it was a baby who fell out of the nest.
    So....in this kind of scenario...in my family...we defer to my crazy Indian mother.
    She scooped it up and fed it wet dog food, worms from the garden etc until it was strong enough to fly.
    Now....it won't go away and be friends with the local crows....
    It's dependent on WELFARE dog food and filtered water.

**CAUTION** Racist language....my Indian mom named the bird "Spirit" - my brothers call it a "Nigger pigeon". It's A JOKE...for all u race baiters and political correctness freaks - relax. We got lots of black and brown friends....this is Canada.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Gator 45/70 and NotSoSneaky like this.
  2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Uploaded on Nov 17, 2007

"The goal of this project is to create a device that will autonomously train crows. Initially we're training them to deposit dropped coins they find on the ground in exchange for peanuts, but eventually we hope to be able to train them to search and rescue, or to collect garbage, or who knows!" --

The Official Crow Box Kit

WHAT IS THE CROW BOX?
    The Crow Box is a device designed to autonomously train crows. So far we’ve trained captive crows to deposit dropped coins they find on the ground in exchange for peanuts. The next step is to try it with wild crows and see if we can get them to learn to use the box, then to optimize the training system for them, and then to see how quickly they can learn it from each other.

That's where you come in. Different crows learn at different speeds and in different ways, and the only way to figure out the best way to teach them is experimentation. The more people trying different things the faster we'll all figure out how to work cooperatively with crows.

Once we’ve got the system optimized for teaching coin collection we can move to seeing how flexibly they can learn *other* tasks, like collecting garbage, sorting through discarded electronics, or maybe even search and rescue. Crows continue to amaze us with their abilities, so who knows?

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Amsterdam Alcoholics Paid in Beer: Dutch drunks clean streets in return for daily lager supply

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I just figured out my retirement plan!!! [beer] :5s:

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

6. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

And humans are no different from that crow. Feed us and we will keep coming back to the trough for more.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7