My son is a democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oth47, May 9, 2012.

1. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

I feel you Alpha! Its just that too many things can go wrong with your situation. DUI's are not caused by cars, they are caused by drinking. You can get a DUI on a skateboard...

Do you disclose that you use tobacco products to your insurance company? Many people that I know, who use tobacco, do not. They don't want to pay the higher premium associated with it. But I know you are a good guy and I am sure that you do!

The problem is that the highest rate of alcoholism and tobacco use is in the lower/welfare class. These people are more likely to NOT have insurance and their use of these products is a drain on society.

I believe that if there was no alcohol and tobacco that the farmers that raise the crops for these products could be repurposed for other things.

Just the way I see it!

and to you Ghrit - End the Fed and the IRS with it!

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Yes I make sure to report it to my insurance because if something ever did happen I wouldn't want to be told well we are sorry you lied on your forms we are not paying nothing. I know guys who pull the same trick to save $10.00 and for some reason think that if something did come up the Doctors wouldn't be able to tell what caused it. (lol)

true about the dui but the alcohol didn't cause it either the guy drinking it did. Hey thats what we could do. Have a stupidity tax fot these people the US would be out of debt in a month.

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

This is typical of what happens when a liberal makes a statement and someone questions it: First, they say their words were twisted; then, they say "this is what I really meant," which is dissimilar and much more than their original statement; next, they yell about the whole affair like a frustrated child; finally, right before they exit, they quote some bumper sticker.

So, let's see, the original statements were:

OK...you stated the same thing twice. I don't think it was a typo....and I don't see any ambiguity in either statement.

In another thread, you say:

So, first, the rich need to pay more taxes....now, you say a flat tax where the rich would pay the same. Which one is it? [dunno] ...I don't recall seeing anything about a flat tax in your first post.

Typically...I also find liberals to be a little wishy-washing in exactly what they believe in. When questioned, they say all sorts of conflicting things, get flustered, then start calling names........

And next you're pushing your values about what is good and bad behaviors down everyone's throats via taxes. This type of thing fits liberals to a "T" because they love a slippery-slope: talk the sheep into something that makes sense ... or "sins", then add new "sins" after they agree to it. Now, it's tobacco...next round it will be ice cream, soda pop, ammo.

That't the kind of stuff Ralph Nader would push...didn't you match on him on that quiz? Come on, admit it, you're a commie. It's alright....I used to be one too, but I got better. [slow]

Alpha Dog, Idahoser and Cephus like this.
  4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

That was the way the founders invisioned it.Though he was to be educated to a certain level.After all the gov's job was a lot more straight forward then.Pretty much kept their hands off the citizens and their wallets.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  5. TheEconomist

sigh

6. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

no sympathy here dude, he's got you nailed. Wherever your ideas have been coming from you might want to reevaluate your trust in it.

7. TheEconomist

He doesn't have me nailed on anything...he is still using sentance fragments and never asked for clarification on anything. Simply made inferences on what he wanted to.

Exapmple:

I post

The rich do need to pay more in taxes. We need to tax capital gains...

he posts

The rich do need to pay more in taxes.

If you take that to mean the rich need to pay MORE then everyone else as per percentage rate you are making an incorrect inference about a statement and that is YOUR fault.

I said they need to pay more and the next sentence says that it would come via capital gains taxes....

if you can't understand that I dont know how to help you.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7