My USPSA Match Guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

photo (26).JPG

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Do you have a favorite or is it situational

3. Seacowboys

Top right is a Brazos Custom Open gun with a C-more red-dot in .38 Super, top left is another .38 SuperSTI 2011 with C-More, middle left is a STI 2011 Limited gun in .40 S&W, Middle right is a Smith model 610-3 in 10mm, below that is a 1911 single-stack Colt Gold Cup in .45acp and to the left of it is a Taurus 1911 in .45 acp. The pistol on bottom is a .22 High Standard Trophy with an Aimpoint that I shoot in steel challenge matches. The revolver uses moon-clips to load.

4. Seacowboys

I guess my favorite is the Brazos followed closely by the Gold Cup.

5. Seacowboys

The 2011 is quite a bit different than a 1911. They are both identical in operation and most internal parts interchange but the mag-well is set for a double-stack magazine, the .40 holds 18 rds and the Open guns can use a 140mm magazine that holds 28 rds, though the shorter mags only hold 22 rds. The barrels on the Open guns are ported and the compensator totally eleminates barrel rise. The gun pushes straight back into your hand, allowing for a much faster follow-up shot. A quick double-tap with a 1911 will generally have first shot on target and the follow-up is generally a little higher and to the right, where-as with the Open guns, double-taps are generally side by side and often just one hole.

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

very nice. Yosemite+Sam+ysguns3 b.

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Hey Sea, what do ya think about yer PT1911? I love mine, just dun get to shoot it enough. An fer sum reason the Wilson Combat Mags that everyone considers the Gold Standard of 1911 magazines, it hates them LoL

8. Seacowboys

It's a sweet shooting .45; probably the best "out of the box" gun for the money anywhere. I like much better than my Kimbers and it cost less than half.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7