My youngest son

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homunculi, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Goin for the Glory

That sounds like something my son would do!!!
    Prayers for him to have a complete recovery.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  2. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

If I had to guess, and no I'm not a doctor and don't even know where the nearest Holiday Inn Express is, the body is still cranking that crap out for x-amount of time, even after the exercise or whatever is done. I wouldn't expect it to get any better until the body has started to "help" the process by no longer producing the toxins.

It's hard to watch, and I'm hoping and praying for the best.

Motomom34 and Mindgrinder like this.
  3. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

Mrs just met with the dr. And it looks promising .. tues his blood ca levels spiked to 65000 .. normal levels are 300-500 ... so they bumped up fluids and made him drink water and juices .. we'd the levels were down to 53000 .. and this morning the results came back as 38000.. so he is doing better but not out of danger.. the focus right now is to get those levels below 10000 before they will release him
    Thank for the prayers

Hoping this clear up by the weekend

GrayGhost, GOG, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you for up-dating us. I have been thinking of you all and hoping that his body gets back on track. Your boy is receiving care but how are you and your wife doing? She must be exhausted.

GOG likes this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Good news.

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That's Good News! The body takes time to process all the changes, and the meds have to do their work! He is young, and his system will adjust it's self out in time! You and the Missus need to look to your own needs, last thing ether of you need is to end up in the bed right next to him!

Motomom34 and GOG like this.
  7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Glad he is doing better, hope him and your little dog continue to improve.

8. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

I spoke with the dr. tonight ... so far everything is looking very well ... the bad numbers are coming down better than expected without the use of dialisys ... if he can get below 20000 by morning he will be released to go home ... if not .. will be released saturday morning ... after labs are checked ...
    there is no rips or tears in the muscles he just over did it ... to the point the lactic acid was breaking down the fibers .. causing the blood protein and ca levels to spike to dangerous levels .. forcing the shutdown of the kidneys .. and when that started .. it started working on the liver ...
    current levels are below 38000 and dropping ...
    when i asked about damage .. and long term damage i was told he is young enough to be very resilient and bounce back with very little to no damage to the kidneys or liver...

terms of going home are :

drink plenty of water/natural juices/gatorade
    no greasy or fast foods (this will kill him for a while)
    bed rest for 5 days after release
    vitamin / and herbal supplements to help promote the healing
    follow up with family dr. in 7-10 days

me and the mrs that all for the prayers and well wishes ... we are both exhausted with all the trips back and forth .. esp with me trying to focus on work and keeping in guide lines of my work ...
    puppy is doing well .. not needing to water the canned food down as much ... and off the pain meds

thank you all again ..
    H and Mrs C ..
    god bless :)

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

That is excellent news indeed, and I hope that this improvement will continue....once your son has fully recovered, there needs to be a frank and brutal "discussion". with his boss. I hope his boss has a good health care plan.

GrayGhost likes this.
  10. Homunculi

Homunculi Monkey++

Got him home yesterday afternoon.. he was glad to be at his apartment in his own bed..
    the bad numbers are below 9000 and falling .. he is going to be off work for another week .. that will make it hard for him money wise ..
    Thanks again everyone

chelloveck likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

By the description of the cause, he might have a worker's comp case, that will ease money worries a bit.

oldawg and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7