My Zombie Kit

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TailorMadeHell, May 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Just thought that I would share my zombie kit. These are my rifles as well as my three main blades for if zombies attacked me. The only thing left out are my two pistols. Maybe at a later date I'll add them.

My Mossberg 100ATR 308, Marlin Mod 60W .22, Marlin Mod 60 .22, Marlin 30-30.
    scaled.php?server=7&filename=63191831.

SKS that I found when my dad passed. Charles Daly 12ga.
    scaled.php?server=694&filename=42431979.

Samurai 3000 sword, Sawback Gerber and United Cutlery Black Ronin.
    scaled.php?server=811&filename=60173332.

And as this is my first time to post pics, I hope I did it right.

Ya dun gud - ghrit

Ken_C, Dogfood, Alpha Dog and 2 others like this.
  2. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I have that same Gerber machete and use the heck out of it on the property without any problems.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice!

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah...I would say you got it right !!!

lol

5. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

That sword...

There can only be one....

highlander-re-imagining.

6. TailorMadeHell

I have other wants, though for the time being, they will stay that way. I will be going to the range with them tomorrow so I can get some practice with them. Already had the Rossi 38 on a range and let me tell you that it took some doing to find the correct sight picture. If someone was three feet from me, it would do a good job for a throw-up shot. Though at distance, with the ammo being 158grain, there is no such thing as rapid fire. I did try to use +P in my revolver and it worked for a few shots, then something occurred that the cylinder wouldn't cycle. I gave it a break and tried again with success. Fired FMJs through it and those 158 solids and they worked alright. Target acquisition sucked and I went through almost 60 rounds finding it. Maybe it was just a bad day.

My 308, I want to get a bipod for. I have the scope you see on it, and I have a monster scope that I could put on it. The monster is a variable with 24x56 stamped on it. I don't know if it's better quality or even if it may be too much scope for that rifle. I may try it out tomorrow.

The 22s, I like because of the tube feed. Never gone wrong with one of them before. Though the 60W needs a screw put into the trigger plate. Will find out if it cycles right when fired. As far as cycling with no ammo, it works with the one screw. Just don't want to damage it or me. Lol.

The SKS, I think is called a Norinco, and my dad dropped the original mag out of it and made it to where it takes the 30 round mags. I think I like it this way. He also put that scope on it and I think he used it for deer hunting.

The 30-30, well I've never fired a Marlin so I will see how it stacks against a Winchester. I think it will work fine. It's just another tool after all.

The 12ga., I'm thinking that I can look for another one. It shoots 3" shells and that is the only length stated on the barrel. I'd much rather a shotgun that I can cycle a variety of lengths through for the sake of finding ammo for it when zombies are attacking. "Hold on zombies, I'm out of 3". I gotta find more ammo because it doesn't like these 2 3/4" shells." I may be wrong on that, though I see more benefit in a variable shotgun than one size.

Any thoughts to my ramblings will help. Lol.

Stumper likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Double check with the owner's manual (available on line, I'm sure) but the shottie will swallow anything UP TO 3".

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, you have a 3" chsmber. 2 3/4 shells are fine. The shorter light 'tactical' loads may work, but some shotguns don't cycle them reliably.
    Your Marlin 336 lever rifle should do well. It's a well-regarded rifle, and mine and my buddy's shoot very well. Mine does prefer the 170 grain loads over 150's, but shoot both well enough for culling Zombies...... ;)

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Older .22 rifles are the primary focus of my preps these days. They will be invaluable during any economic collapse, - absolutely essential kit to own. With money being tight right now for a lot of people, it's tough to scrape together a few hundred dollars for a new rifle. This is why folks like me tend to drop by the used gun shop area and spend $50 or $75 at a time on an old .22 rifle, fix them up and keep them. A bit of commitment today can yield rewards later on.

I don't own any Marlin .22's, but as a kid I recall shooting some. Good to see you have a couple on hand. :)

10. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

The Marlin 336 is a good .30-30 rifle. The build quality of the Marlin rifle in compairison to a Winchester model 94 is slightly more robust. The Marlin's lever is much heavier and thicker.

Despite of this, I traded my Marlin for a Winchester. It was due solely to the fact that I like shooting cast bullets, and the Marlin's micro groove barrel leaded up like nobody's business. Jacketed bullets were not a problem.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  11. robin48

robin48 Monkey+

I need to pick up a 22 myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

12. TailorMadeHell

Well I now have a sore shoulder. Lol. Okay, the breakdown.

I no longer have the Mod 60 .22. Gave it to my buddy. The Mod 60W, medallion one, worked great even though it is missing that screw in the trigger plate. No jams or anything. Nice little rifle and with stingers, nice penetration. So even though it is a light caliber, the 22 will take out zombies.

The .30-30 will be getting a recoil pad soon. I was shooting 170 grain rounds and that thing kicked a good bit. It started off the sore shoulder. As far as sighting went, went more into the breaking them all in, instead of sighting. Range was 100yds.

The SKS had a scope on it. It kept vibrating loose. The whole mount. Will use locktite next time. Unless I decide to modify the weapon, the scope will go back on it. In order to shoot without a scope, the place where the scope was mounted will have to come off. Tried to sight it, and no matter how low I adjusted the sights, the thing shot high and to the left. It also was pounding the shoulder. Must have put about 150 rounds through it today. Range was 100yds. Ammo was Wolf FMJs and HPs.

The shottie didn't get shot today. Me and my buddy had enough for the day before we got to it. Will go on next trip. No rapid fire on the range blows, though it's their rules.

The Mossberg, well it has a recoil pad on it and it quickly told me that it would not be shot much today. I saved it for last. A bipod will go on it and a different recoil pad. Shot 180 grain rounds and hit some, though didn't get it sighted in either. My buddy shot it about 8 times and he was through for the day. If the 308 kicked like it did with that recoil pad on it, would hate to see it without one. Mossberg, I now know, means Mule. Lol.

Did see some nice rifles come to the line today. Didn't see any 223 or 556. The AR styles were all 762. Did have one guy bring one of those Whisper pellet rifles. It sounded just like a pellet rifle. Less racket than the 22s so I imagine even though the birds might have a hard time around it, I am definitely not paying those prices for one. The oldest rifle out today was an M1A. It was a nice weapon to watch. So that's my observations and activities today with my weapons. It was a nice day, got to shoot, and who doesn't like to shoot? Lol.

13. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

IIRC, you had a few tornados down your parts recently, such a shame all your guns were lost in the disaster. I feel for you, all mine were ruined when my basement flooded.

Such a shame, all those good guns getting ruined, missing, stolen, and lost in the past few years.;)

I might buy a new gun one day, not much of a need for them, but I might get a .410 to go birdy huntin'

TwoCrows and Huntinbull like this.
  14. TailorMadeHell

Yes, that is an unforeseen event that may strike me if I'm not careful. :D

15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Once you get the .308 sighted in with the 180's, try some 150 and 165 grain loads. My Rem Model Seven really loves the 165 grain bullet. Depends on rifling and harmonics.

It's always a fun day to try out some new-to-you guns! ;)

16. slug36

slug36 mil surplus junkie

you cant go wrong with any of those rifles. I would take a Marlin 60 over My 10/22 any day. The damn rotary magazine on the ruger sucks.

SKS over a ak. stripper clip or single round top off.

Tube fed lever action. See first statment.

Tube mag shotty. yeah buddy. I own a Saiga 12 and a Mossberg 500. If there is a zombie attack. I will grab both. when the Saiga runs out. It will be left behind. The tube Mag is the way to go!!

and a Revolver for the same basic reasoning. Yeah a magazine holds more ammo. But a revolver is easier to fill back up.

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

All my rifles fell out of the boat the other day crossing the river for camp....
    I am so bummed. Maybe I will get a 22 to plink with but can't stand the loss of more!!
    :)

TwoCrows and Huntinbull like this.
  18. slug36

slug36 mil surplus junkie

OOOOH THE HUMANITY!!!!!! that blows big time. I would have sat there and cried like a 3 year old till someone gave me a new 1911!!!

TwoCrows likes this.
  19. Ok here's my home defense kit against Zombies or any other threat:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557683.128170.
    Mossberg 500 tactical pursuader (x2)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557752.757878.
    Hi Point 4095

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557818.538184.
    AR 15

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557859.525566.
    Beretta PX4 Storm 40 SW

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557931.668708.
    Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558072.286146.
    Hi Point 40 SW

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558101.922690.
    Cold Steel Gladius Sword/Machete (x4)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558157.908915.
    Cold Steel Trench Hawk (x2)

I'm ready ;). Bring It !!!!!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557683.128170. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557752.757878. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557818.538184. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557859.525566. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338557931.668708. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558072.286146. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558101.922690. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558157.908915.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Dang... another Boating Accident happening to a Monkey... I guess MOnkeys really need to get some basic Boat Handling instruction... especially when transporting Weapons across Deep Waters....[applaud][boozingbuddies][dunno]

TwoCrows and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Bishop
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. Lancer
  9. Unique
  10. T. Riley
  11. Motomom34