N.R.A. worked against progun legislation

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Jul 14, 2010.

1. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

90 million! You could establish United States of Gunerica! Or US of NRA... b::

2. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Never have trusted them. The GOA, JPFO, and the SAF have done more for gun ownership, never comprimising . Glad I've never been a member. I couldn't trust them with my info.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Geez guys it's real easy to stop getting all the crap mail from the NRA, and it's certainly not worth quitting the group. I got sick of all the crap but what really got me was being sent a DVD and then they wanted payment or the DVD back. I called and complained - didn't return the DVD or pay for it and have gotten almost no mail from them in years. Still get the magazine though because I'm a Life Member.

Just call!

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I have no interest in carrying a machine gun in a state or federal Park. But if I did want to carry one it is none of the NRA's business.

6. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

GOA and JPFO get my money. The NRA is too close to the Washington insiders.

7. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

To the contrary, it is indeed their business but they are on the wrong side of it. Like many things.

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

IMO, they bend too much; but then again, so do we.

Where the NRA stepped across the line was they offered their "advice" on the subject. IMO, they had no business to offer anything.

9. krieger

krieger Monkey+

The fact is that no Senator or Congressman on Capitol Hill listens to GOA or JPFO. Show me any legislation that their input changed the outcome.

Brokor likes this.
  10. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

As a NRA life member and member of every other pro-gun group I can find, I can say that none are perfect. Some are better than others, and yes, the NRA pisses me off quite often, but sometimes when you don't know the WHOLE story, you think something is up, when it's not. Yes, we DO need ANOTHER Neal Knox house cleaning! Of course the old guard, do nothing, play along crowd was out of power and screwed all NRA members over, but good, but if enough members were to stand up on their hind legs we could still turn things around and regain our rights. I don't see this happening, but I hope. Mean while, VOTE for good leaders (local/state/national/NRA) and keep the local politicos feet to the fire! Here in Iowa, the "pro" gun newbees are backing off and bending over from the PRO-gun ideas that got them into office. Wonderful.

Wolfgang2000 and Brokor like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

We must stand together or continue to be divided. The NRA offers us a chance to stand together, We can continue to gripe and moan about it not being "perfect" all day long, but nothing will ever get accomplished. As others have already stated, the NRA has a lot of clout, more than any other pro gun group. FACT. And how many people took the time and watched the video I linked?

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Well said!

I belong to quite a few also; some times I am pleased I belong and at other times quite embarrassed I belong.
    However the reality is so far no political party listens to the people; they listen to well funded groups who have lobbyists.

13. Ivan

Ivan Monkey++

the Gun Lobby spent decades fighting as a well organized and loud, but very tiny minority. i suspect that much very cautious thinking about choosing which battles to fight remains even though they've now got the nation more or less on their side. its better then hopping in on one you cant win and screwing the pooch i guess but i might be somewhat biased. heller and mcdonald set the standard for gun laws more or less where i want them so i cant to wound up about failure to loosen them further.(not that i dont want them loosened further, i just dont care)

what.

those aren't the republicans i know. and those sure as hell aren't the democrats i know.

14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The way the AG lobby wins is when we stay uninvolved.

15. cornmonkey

cornmonkey Monkey+

When they called me i told them what to do with their membership, shove it! I to went to GOA the national rectulars azzholes is what i told their phone sale idiot they were. Send me a free membership and it will go in the trash to with the rest of them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7