Name 25 Things Most Folks Don't Know About You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, May 31, 2011.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

1. I always wear a bow or ribbon in my hair.
    2. I love music – all music – and when alone; the louder the better!
    3. I am intolerant of men that aren’t men and whiny women, as well as women who try to control their men and men that allow them to.
    4. I do not believe in PMS. I do not shop.
    5. I like my coffee so sweet, that I call it a cup of candy.
    6. I smile at everyone.
    7. I’m like a kid-magnet. They find me. They talk to me. They are not mine.
    8. I rode a horse before I could walk.
    9. I have – and wear – high heeled tennis shoes.
    10. I hate no one.
    11. In my world, can’t is not a word. It’s either unable or unwilling to try.
    12. My ex wishes he weren’t.
    13. Everything I own is washable, even the stuff that isn’t.
    14. I love knives. I cannot own enough of them. I admire the art of their creation and those who can perform such an art.
    15. I know how smart kids are and think that most adults don’t give them enough credit.
    16. I’ve known my husband over half of my life.
    17. Those who know me best think I’m a little crazy. I’m inclined to believe them.
    18. I can drive anything with wheels – and a few things without.
    19. I love to fly.
    20. I have life-long friends that I still cherish.
    21. I have been to the top of a flare stack.
    22. I have been to more funerals than anybody I know. I think it’s because I’ve been fortunate to have known so many wonderful people in my life.
    23. I sing or hum all the time. There’s always a song in my heart waiting to get out.
    24. I love to cook over open flame. I can cook anything.
    25. I watch Looney Tunes every morning.

BAT1, Seacowboys, VisuTrac and 4 others like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That explains it, then. ;)

Tracy, VisuTrac and hank2222 like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Tracy is without a doubt, one of the more interesting humans that I only know through this board. She likes music and always make everyone smile, even Brokor, though he probably wouldn't admit it.
    She brightens everyone's day and I want to chew her leg off and beat her with it. No; she makes me smile too.It's funny, thinking of someone as a friend that you have never actually met in person.

BAT1, STANGF150, RightHand and 4 others like this.
  4. Brokor

I am always smiling, man. Well...maybe not when I am taking a doo-doo. Leaving it I mean. In the toilet.

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:lol: @ Brokor.

:oops: Gosh, Sea, Thank you! Coming from someone that I admire as much as I do you; that really means the world to me.

:) I get that whole "you can't be this happy" a lot. I have some clients that call just so I can cheer them up. I have others that call and swear that they'd kill me if I was their wife and this chipper all the time. :D It's a curse. ;)

STANGF150, Seacowboys and Brokor like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I've talked with Tracy once over the phone and as others have said, she is so sweet that after that I had to go to the dentist to get 7 cavities filled :0)
    I've never met someone who was so positive and sounded so genuine and pleasant over the phone.
    It was an awesome experience that I highly recommend to anyone and consider myself quite lucky to have had the pleasure to experience.
    I have never said that about anyone in my life ... I was smiling for a good hour after we hung up...
    Compliments to you Tracy... you are one in a few trillion!

Bear

BAT1 and Tracy like this.
  7. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

I also didn't list any of things in my life that were very bad. It took me several years to even tell my husband some of them. So I know how you feel dragonfly.

8. Seacowboys

26. I walk my puppies down by my mother-in-laws house every day so they can poop in front of her mailbox.
    27. I hope she steps in it.

Bear, Tracy and hank2222 like this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL. You are the King![kneelsuckers]That is hilarious!

Cephus likes this.
  10. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

my mother in law had a great sense of humor and it would come out here and there in the house with my dad..she was only 4.ft 11 inchs tall but ruled the house with a iron fist and kind word and her word was the law in that house ....

when my wife was hitting me one day when i was up there in the house with my dad and my wife and her mom and sisters. in the house and my dad had come up for a vist and we where all in the kitchen ..

i had made my wife mad over takeing the last can of soda out of the fridge and was drinking it ..when she walked by and hit me ..

her mom told me my wife to stop hitting me because you never find another man like your husband that will put up with you and that when my father broke into the convestion and told my wife and my mother in law ..

it all right for her to hit me and beat with a stick if she need's to get me to act right because he the type that can not learn without a little pain involved in the learning curve along with he know better than to take the last can of soda without asking to see if someone want to split it ..

my dad used to tell my wife i was muscle and she was the brian of the outfit and if starts to think on his own give him a good couple of raps upside the head to make him remember that you run the outfit..

the whole time her mother is just laughing about what my dad is telling her because she was telling me the same thing with her ...

i remember her mom & dad one time when i was home and dead tired from all the work i was doing in the military and we had a room over the garage that we lived in and her mom and dad was like everyone keep down in the hallway leading up to the garage upstair entance so i could sleep that day ..

i woke up one day later and came down she goe's i see you back from the land of the dead and are you hungry and sit down here and i fix you something to eat along with her dad loved me for bring him a couple of bottles of irish whiskey from the base and two cartoons of cig that he smoked every payday and they never asked for rent money or food we would just throw into the kitty for things that was need when i had it ..

so i have to say my inlaws where good people and when i would try to give them money they where like you bring home this or that and that ok ..most time it was just leave the money or item on the table and it would get picked and put away when it was need

11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

1. I was a liberal until my late 20's.
    2. My father was in the horse cavalry with Pershing in Mexico...I was in the air cavalry in Vietnam.
    3. I have an irrational fear of being in water over my head...though I can swim.
    4. I like most cats better than most dogs, and most dogs more than most people.
    5. Since the age of 25, I have been armed pretty much all the time.
    6. At age 27 I was the target of a murder conspiracy.
    7. I love peanut butter and sweet pickle (or B&B pickle) sandwiches...especially late at night.
    8. I didn't like sweets until I was in my 50s
    9. I prefer a hamburger to most steaks.
    10. My wife and I were "pals" throughout our prior marriages. She was my best bud for years before it turned "romantic".
    11. My father was once found not guilty of murder for shooting a union organizer.
    12. I was once a union organizer.
    13. I'm an occasional secret tobacco smoker.
    14. I supplemented my VA benefits in college as a "disc jockey" on a regional FM rocker.
    15. While in college, I participated in smuggling just over 10 kilos of cocaine into the country.
    16. My best friend from Vietnam who lived to come home hijacked a plane to Algeria as a Black Panther.
    17. I may have Tracy beat on funerals. My last 8 months in the army was spent as NCOIC of a regional funeral detail and I "did" over 200 funerals in that time.
    18. I literally cannot listen to "Taps" being played.
    19. We have 7 grandchildren and our second great-grandchild is on the way.
    20. I was once on the personal staff of a (Democratic) governor who later ran for president.
    21. I "died" for a few moments the day I left Vietnam.
    22. Eleven years ago, I was told by doctors I had little chance of living 3 more years. Currently, my doctor considers me healthier and more active than most my age.
    23. With us both in our 60's, I still consider my wife the sexiest woman I ever met.
    24. Two friends and I started a charity for which I volunteer as a line worker.
    25. I am a Prepper.

:oops:

tacmotusn, BTPost, hank2222 and 2 others like this.
  12. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Tracy is definitely one huge ray of golden sunshine. Always enjoyed her comments.
    I like positive people, to help me get over my reality based velocitudes of government encroachment.
    I love music. Southern and Hard Rock, Soft Jazz, Country, New Age, and Patriot music.
    I play music with my bass to albums when I'm feeling low. You can reach more people with a musical message, just ask the Beatles and Pink Floyd, Rush, Delbert McClinton, and Yanni.
    Good cold hand crafted beers with New York strips, with horse radish and Taters, tons of butter.
    Sex until you pass out. I love a good joke, that isn't played on anybody. Humor is medicine.
    I want to to live long enough to see the world's super criminals prosecuted on TV, George Carlin style. I want to see the Devil thrown in the Abyss. I want to live forever on a Paradise Earth, where I can pull out a thousand year old bottle of handcrafted wine and go party with all of you.

tacmotusn, hank2222 and Seacowboys like this.
  13. Seacowboys

BAT1, You nailed it about music. Sure makes life a bit more pleasant.

14. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

15. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

The music slides under, while the blunt truth irritates and is blocked. Slide under.
    Any guitar players out there? Virtual Band. 1st cut. Let's call it the 'Sea Monkeys'.
    Play like Jimmie Buffet parrot heads. Beat those drums, break a string, who can sing?

16. Brokor

#26: Rules can be broken. Deal with it. Sovereign rights are non-negotiable.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7