Name Melbo's Baby Girl!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I had a great visit with Mr. and Mrs. Melbo last week. Still no name, so I thought we all could join together to help...

1. Xena (she is the warrior princess...)
    2. Anya (means "Grace of God" in Latvian);)

2. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

This is for "Mrs Melbo". Baby name Analysis...

Enjoy! Ric

http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/menu-BriefAnalysis.cfm

Although the name Xena creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, it can cause a materialistic approach that frustrates higher humanitarian qualities.
    This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the reproductive system, worry, and mental tension.
    Your name of Xena gives you a strong sense of responsibility in business and material affairs, and the practicality and determination to make a success of anything you undertake.
    You are self-sufficient and capable, and have an interest in positions of leadership and responsibility.
    You are competent in directing the efforts of others, as you have good business judgment and the natural understanding of people.
    Very likely you have assumed much responsibility early in life and are often required to make major decisions.

While the name Anya creates the urge to create harmony with people, we call attention to the fact that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation.
    This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and solar plexus.
    Your name of Anya creates a desire for association with people and new experiences, many of which have been rather bitter.
    This name has given you a gregarious personality and a quick-thinking, creative, and versatile nature, but one that is very emotional.
    You desire change and travel and would enjoy opportunities that allowed you to be creative and to act independently, rather than to conform to system and routine.
    However, this name does not allow you to complete your undertakings, as farther fields always look greener.

3. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Congrats Mrs. n Mr. Melbo

Xena .. don't know bout that. not something i would think as a first choice. cultural icons as names always bring comparissons and people get tired of that.

Anya is a pretty name. In russian it is the same as Ann or Anna. Most people with these 2 names are called Anya as a "familiar" name by their friends/relatives

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

http://www.babycenter.com/babyname/popnames.html

BabyCenter Baby Name List
    Top 10 Baby Names of 2004
    (2003)
    <TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Girls' Names
    1. Emma (Emily)
    2. Madison (Emma)
    3. Emily (Madison)
    4. Kaitlyn (Hannah)
    5. Hailey (Hailey)
    6. Olivia (Sarah)
    7. Isabella (Kaitlyn)
    8. Hannah (Isabella)
    9. Sarah (Olivia)
    10. Abigail (Abigail)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Boys' Names
    1. Jacob (Jacob)
    2. Aidan (Aidan)
    3. Ethan (Ethan)
    4. Ryan (Matthew)
    5. Matthew (Nicholas)
    6. Michael (Joshua)
    7. Tyler (Ryan)
    8. Joshua (Michael)
    9. Nicholas (Zachary)
    10. Connor (Tyler)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/babynames/finder?sky=ovt|names|pp|PPC1AD0|

most popular girl's names
    1. <LI class=bodytext>Madison <LI class=bodytext>Emily <LI class=bodytext>Emma <LI class=bodytext>Hannah <LI class=bodytext>Grace <LI class=bodytext>Olivia <LI class=bodytext>Sarah <LI class=bodytext>Elizabeth <LI class=bodytext>Taylor <LI class=bodytext>Lauren <LI class=bodytext>Chloe <LI class=bodytext>Ashley <LI class=bodytext>Isabella <LI class=bodytext>Jessica <LI class=bodytext>Samantha <LI class=bodytext>Alexis <LI class=bodytext>Megan <LI class=bodytext>Madeline <LI class=bodytext>Rachel
    2. Jordan

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Samantha gets my vote. I'm a bit of a traditionalist --

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

It occurs to me that I didn't hear Eric inviting our input into this matter which tend to offer numerous options...a "name that kid" raffle comes to mind. I'll buy two tickets for Quimby Meshea.:eek:

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Need to think about this one...and for Pete's sake...think ahead to nicknames and initials and monograms!

I have a friend who named her child Vanessa DuPont....

yep.

VD.

My mother wanted to name me Diedre....but my dad said kids would be calling me DeeDee in no time.....

My poor brother is Geoff...and everyone mispronounces his name....(guess they never read Chaucer.....:rolleyes: )

I tried to go for short , classic and no weird initials...Of course my daughters initials are LLC so I call her Elsie....:D

8. ghrit

What say we select a few and put up a non binding poll?

9. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm guessing "Max" isn't on the list?

hmmmm...let me think,ok????

and no ghost, it doesn't hurt....:)

10. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Okay - I'll throw out one of my favorites into the hat - my daughter's middle name - Jaime - meaning "I love" in French. It isn't her first name because her dad is Sicilian and it was a struggle to get his agreement on anything non-Italian

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

What? ask for help with a name? no one does, but everyone offers names to you left and right if you haven't decided...Wolfgang got the nix in my house, but it is still top of my list if I ever had another boy!

One of my friends had wife convinced Benelli was a great name for a boy..until she found out it was a gun company 2 weeks before his birth.

Think about it, Winchester Melbo...Winnie for short. Mrs. Melbo is gonna love that one.

:rolleyes:

12. ghrit

Just so the ambiguous names get nixed. Somehow Chris, Jordan and the like miss the mark. Gad. But why not Maxine?

13. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I haven't been around for awhile so the whole baby thing is new to me, so belated congrats.

As for names, I vote for something along the lines of; Susie Mae, Sharron Marie, Sarah Megan, Sienna Moon........

You get the drift.;)

14. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

We looked at Valerie before we had our lil girl. I always like the name and in most of it's origins it means strong.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Shelby is my #1 pick for a Girls name, then my Wife says Hannah is her favorite.

16. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I always thought Annastasia was a cool name and also gives a couple of options on nicks, Anna or Stacy.

17. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Each russian name has a short version, neither Anna not Stacy are the short for Anastasya

Nastya is a short for Anastasya

:)

Besides most people here pronounce it like Anesthesia

18. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

That list Bear put up has Emma near the top. That's one she's been considering. Also Sage seems to be talked about as is Abigail.

Oh, Minuteman, She's at 5 months now. I think you were gone when the second In Vitro cycle took. Thanks

Anya is pretty. I'll mention it to the Queen.
    It's too bad that I used all of my favorite Latvian girls names on my pets over the years. Maya, Mara, Erija...

We have a Cat named Valdemars too.

19. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

How about a Japanese name, I think this child is already named........ching........ching.........$$$$$

20. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol: I think that is Cha Ching :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7