NASA is up to something very sneaky...

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by UncleMorgan, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I can guarantee me and a bunch of other serious reloaders would love to get our hands on some of that. 500 grain .17 WMR, no problem

UncleMorgan, DuxDawg, Zimmy and 5 others like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Even with as many "knowns" and "unknowns", until they actually get a chunk and weigh it on a scale, the theory of its approximate atomic weight is just speculative gobblygook, much like dark matter.

UncleMorgan, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

So it's still heavy

5. ghrit

UncleMorgan and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

What a hoot. I went back to confirm that 4500g/cm^3 figure and found it on the wiki page.

It's a typo, pure and simple.

(Unless there is some sort of conspiracy going on...)

Turns out the Unobtainium remains unobtainable, and 16 Psyche is hardly worth the price of a boat ticket to get there.

What a pity. I was willing to go completely off my meds for this...

PSYCHE.JPG

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No matter (pun intended), that was fun!

UncleMorgan and Zimmy like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

If the density of iron is 7.86 g/cm^3, how is it an iron core? Seems to be a rather substantial difference.

UncleMorgan and Ganado like this.
  10. ghrit

With a 40% void, and known inaccuracy of the measurements, the actual, non-void density could be iron. (My personal, totally unqualified opinion is that iron is the culprit.) For sure, we are guessing once that 4.5K per cc was, um, "dispelled."

UncleMorgan likes this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

So , is it a threat or are they just snooping ?

UncleMorgan likes this.
  12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Or is it really a derelict alien spaceship??!???!?!?

UncleMorgan, Zimmy and Ganado like this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

UncleMorgan likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When it comes to doing the deep state stuff, nasa is probably just about the worst.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Actually, YES, We do need such a system on manned. Missions, for a backup Navigation System should the Primary & Secondary Comm Links back to earth, Fail... It will give the Astronauts the REQUIRED Information to compute their Position in Space, relative to any Object, plus Course. & Speed... These Specs are needed. to be able to calculate injection points, into Orbit around a known object, or to calculate an Injection Point to use a Planatary Body for Gravity Assist, to another heading... Now that is ALL done on earth, and then Uplinked to the Spacecraft... No Comms, No get back Home... Also, the farther out we go the longer it takes our Comms to reach the Spacecraft, and if they need something in a hurry, and it takes a couple of hours to do a Round Trip Conversation, they will be screwed.... IE Dead....

techsar, UncleMorgan and Ganado like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If it's that dense, maybe it's made out of Bidenite?

UncleMorgan, Tully Mars and ghrit like this.
  17. DuxDawg

DuxDawg Monkey++

Taofledermaus would do a great slo mo vid on slugs made of material from 16 Psyche.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  18. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Y'know, them Science Guys have been mapping the Asteroid Belt for quite a while now. They know a lot of orbits, and the size of a lot of objects.

It's really not hard at all to sort out the ones that have a density greater than lead.

Those objects are probably made of high-grade ores--anything from gold to right on up to plutonium.

It won't be long before they'll be sending out a bunch of Wall-es (or Evas) to load up the good stuff and send it back to the moon by the ton for smelting and transshipment to Earth.

Since Burt Rutan cracked the slow re-entry problem (and made NASA look like a bunch of bumbling fools in the process) there would be no problem with drifting a ton or so of gold or platinum down "on the Feather" and landing it on the chosen dime.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

moonlanding.

Zimmy likes this.
  20. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Till men get their own lives strait they have no business in the universe possibly screwing that up.
    Knowing the delicate balance of nature of our own ecosystem how small events affect the whole thing,
    Seems to me that if you disrupt the balance of the universe even in some small way your asking for trouble in a much larger scale.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7