Nasty weather shooting

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, May 24, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

[​IMG]

You have to practice in all kinds of weather.

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Amen brother, I use to love huntin' in a good misty rain, makes it easy sneakin' thru the woods.

chelloveck likes this.
  3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Thought I was the only one wacky enough to shoot in the rain. And ride a motorcycle in the rain. Good vid!

chelloveck likes this.
  4. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Misty rainy days are the best for riding the bike and the quad. a) Mud! b) very few people out c) more Mud! d) no bugs
    One downside is Mud! that you have to get out of all the impossible places that it has found its way into...4 hours of riding...at least that many on clean up! I do try to avoid pavement in the rain though. Just never could get myself comfortable riding on it.

And yes, all that moisture in the air & on the ground makes it much quieter. Every deer I've ever taken was within about an hour of sun up. The dew keeps things much quieter. They never even know I'm there. It's even better if you get the early snow with the great big soft flakes.

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Two of the worst searches I've been on, where sound was concerned was ,
    One, a stream in a densely forested and narrow canyon that was so loud you could not hear the radio on your hip, and conversations had to be with in a few feet.
    The second, was in sleet , the wind was so strong and snow was so side ways thick, you couldn't hear some one yelling at you from 50 feet .
    The serious problem with in these situations is that mountain lion are on the hunt, and any thing moving can be a target. It's bad enough during the summer and things are dry. you may never hear them break a twig .

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
  3. Bishop
    The 48 inch hobow [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Aug 14, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Functional Gear & Equipment
  4. Bishop
  5. DKR
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
    Here is how you make a warfbow. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 17, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  8. Cruisin Sloth
  9. phorisc
  10. OldDude49
  11. Bishop
  12. Bishop
  13. Bishop