NatGeo: Doomsday Preppers 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UGRev, Jun 28, 2011.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

To be totally honest, I don't giva crap what any one calls me. But if they have any cojones at all they'll call me it to my face. [wannamesswitme]

Cuz WHEn, not IF but WHEN, the SHTF, I'll be comfy, cozy, & well fed.

By the way, how long does Rum, Vodka, & Tequila last? Working on that Stockpile too
    [beer]

beast and Falcon15 like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Not very long at my abode. Damn rats and other various vermin of every ilk seem to somehow open them bottles and drain them. It's terrible I tell you, and I keep having these headaches in the mornings and memory loss. It must be olde age on my part, and normal memory loss. Alot of times I have had friends over the night before sittin' on the porch swappin' stories and talkin' bout times before, and waiting for them damn rats. Hell, we are all armed to the teeth and could use a little target practice. Somehow, next morning everyone is gone, them damn rats have snuck in and done it again. Empty booze Bottles everywhere. No rounds fired. At least not at rats. I call my friends and those that answer say, they are willing to try it again anytime, for me to jest let them know when to come over. some don't answer my phone calls until late the next day, saying they had headaches and memory lapses also. I just don't know what to think. But to answer your question, say, what was the question? Oh Yeah I remember, does booze go bad. Well it's never happened at my place, but it is kind of complicated. YMMV .... jmho[beer]

Falcon15, ghrit, Cephus and 1 other person like this.
  3. beast

beast backwoodsman

ive been battlin the status quo since i was a kid, people cant see beyond that comfort zone and are terrified to step outside it
    their whole existence is inside the govt controlled box and they dont want out of it
    only some very major occurence will get them to change, like total economic collapse, or nuclear, war and they will still hold onto that box like its heaven

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Just an FYI, one of the preppers on this show, David Kobler, is Southernprepper1 on Youtube. I have watched every video he has posted, in addition to watching the NatGeo program. It is all about perception. I perceive the wisdom of their preps. I observe the same possible scenarios (and yes, a CME is a scenario. Unlikely, but a scenario). I prepare for the worst, and pray for the best. I do not see these folks as being portrayed as "crazy", just not mainstream "normal". So what? Some really great ideas for new prep scenarios (I like the Tilapia aquaculture, just not sure the guy is going to be able to sustain the family water wise).

Just my [2c].

5. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I just watched it. It really got the wife thinking.

double plus good.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I let people know as little as possible about my preps when I carry them in I use as few bags as possible. There arent alot of people around me but a few of them are zombie's. The less they know the less problems ill have which meens less ammo used when SHTF. Which I have a few like minded friends we share info from time to time and they have children as well and depending on the situation we have planned on a location to circle the wagons. That way more supplies and more weapons and security if needed, plus any movement of the group if needed can be scouted first and movements can be controlled and the group can remain secure.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I guess I'm lucky in a way, I can load and unload the pickup from the basement with the garage doors closed. I don't even unload grox with the door open. (Who said planning is a matter of serendipity?)

Cephus likes this.
  8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

What is OPSEC?: (OpSec): Protecting Your Survival Preparations

9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I went with not caring if they figure out where i Live when It happens I will have over 100 men at arms and a community that has had to work together in past emergencies.

10. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Just suggesting to someone they should have 30 days worth of food and water on hand garners "THE LOOK!"
    People think I'm crazy when I tell them that we raise some of our own Fruit Vegetables a lot of our own Meat!
    "Why?" they ask.
    "They Deserves, What They Gets!!"

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7