National Dog Day

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Motomom34, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Today is national dog day. It is a day to honor those four legged members of our family that bring us such joy. Dogs are companions, protectors that have been deemed as man's best friend.

Here is my hound guarding our home.
    IMG_4381.JPG
    He watches for people or creatures that get too close to our home. He is our first small dog, we usually had large ones. He will never be Lassie but he has been a true blessing to our family. He knows his family well and will snuggle up to you if you are feeling sad. B cannot rest until all of his family is at home.

He occasionally gets into mischief, loves going to Sonic and keeps his favorite fetch toy always close at hand.
    IMG_4385.JPG IMG_4469.JPG IMG_4659.JPG

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Does he eat "hot dogs" at Sonic?
    OMG! Please don't tell me he is a cannibal?!

Seriously, good lookin' little feller. Doesn't take a big dog to let you know when something isn't right.

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

They have been loyal companions for thousands of years. God bless those dogs.

636700287009944291-calif-unnamed-1-.

4. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

My 2.
    The toy obsessed cuddle bug & the overprotective 210lb lap dog.... o_O
    C28BBF79-92F9-4251-A6F8-DF1AD196D529.

CABBDB48-5C9A-4BB8-A5A3-C2CED724CF1F.

C74F00DF-1755-48FE-948D-FCF208BD6804. 8E01B46C-C2B3-49B9-8DF8-50A974392199.

A33F911D-F4A5-4AD1-BE1B-E4A39441F67F.

DADCFD34-0E00-4288-9F48-F1644F5FC74D.

5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^That property is amazing! Oh. The dogs are too. :D

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Lol, most of those pix were taken where we were staying on holiday, Loch Fyne, west coast of Scotland.
    The one of the Shepherd catching the red ball is the field down the road from our house about 3 min walk. (Just south of Aberdeen)

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

20180428_112445.
    Our senior citizen Golden Retriever! 17 years young and still full of energy, though starting to go blind!

Zimmy, Meat, AndyinEverson and 6 others like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

He likes to keep his toys in a pile so our Neufey dosnt try to steal them!
    20180519_175623.

Zimmy, Meat, Asia-Off-Grid and 5 others like this.
  9. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I was going to ask if those images were taken in Scotland. Beautiful country, but too cold for me.

Zimmy, Meat, runswithdogs and 3 others like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@runswithdogs how many balls do you have to buy? I would think they would pop them quite often.

Zimmy, Meat, Asia-Off-Grid and 2 others like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Then there is the Neufey! What can I say, he is a ton of fun and full of it!
    1d79ba823731b0bf3acbda16c50150ac--giant-dogs-big-dogs.
    01c653cc7946d7900783084e5e3a0a23.
    b2f4dac08a2888de9a3b352fd7399f9e--large-dogs-big-dogs.

Zimmy, runswithdogs, Meat and 4 others like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Hard to believe all that Neufey came in such a cute little package!
    Cute-Little-Black-Newfoundland-Puppy.

Zimmy, Meat, Asia-Off-Grid and 4 others like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[LMAO] @Ura-Ki the neufey standing in the kitchen. He looks bigger then me. Does he help himself to leftovers on the counter?

I like how your old dog piles his toys. There are somethings even dogs won't share.

14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ha, Some one who shale remain nameless happened to leave some left overs on the counter, and I heard a strange sound coming from the kitchen, so I went to see about it and caught some one helping his self! BUSTED!
    Yea, our Old Feller doesn't like to share his toy collection, super funny to watch, he will get up and leave and the Neufey will sneak in and take one and then go lay down and chew on it and watch the old guy! They have gotten into it a few times over that, always a funny show! They don't fight, but argue a lot about things they get upset about! Just like my Kids used to do, usually right when some one calls on the phone, or we are watching a movie!

15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

D59BF5D3-B505-440A-AAC6-E10A1736FF4A. Good boy. Peter. :D

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ya know, I like dogs better then people! Dogs dont lie or cheat, don't start wars, dont do drugs, and are ALWAYS happy to see you when you come home! Nothing says welcome home then a Full Body Waging Doggy, bouncing around and making a fuss over Ya!

Meat, SB21, Asia-Off-Grid and 3 others like this.
  17. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

The red ones a jolly ball. Originally designed for horses they dont go flat, no matter how many teeth go through(that ones new and already has about 100 holes lol) the blue one as you can see isent even solid. So not that often... reg soccer balls on the other hand... last one lasted about 18 seconds... and thats just due to it taking that long for the mastiff to run it down. Then PFFFFTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHH........

Gotta love the Newfies, woulda had one but to much hair after spending all day grooming other peoples hairy dogso_O

Kheilan(mastiff) dosent even have to stand up, hes that big he just looks down at the counter...:rolleyes:

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My youngest looked at this thread and loved the dogs. The boys have been after me to get a real dog as they call it,. Your pictures got him talking once again about a large dog again.

Meat, Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  19. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Black Powder Monkey

Our House 03NOV01 - 57.
    Our old gal Sheba and one of "her" kitties...Sally

DSC03018.JPG
    Sheba and Duke on a walk with me...
    Both had since passed and both were great dogs....

WatsonGraduation.
    Our current ...Watson...he is a goofy little dude , that thinks he is a cat....
    Andy

Zimmy, runswithdogs, Meat and 4 others like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Dat Rou-Ga-Rou!!!

dat-rougarou-him.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7