National License-Plate Tracking System

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Yard Dart, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Read the fine print. Up here, the state owns the plate. (So if they can't read it, they should wash it; I don't.)

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like that. Still I paid for it and the taxes.

Now my LSP buddy threw his plate inside his K-5 blazer 5 years ago, I ask him the other day if he's every been pulled over.

He just smile and said, Nope !

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

same thing with your mail box. no matter what you paid for it, even if you made it yourself, it's federal property.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah, I went to the post office with my receipt and when I ask for reimbursement I got the cocked head deer caught in the headlight look, I left laughing to myself and penniless.

oldawg and kellory like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That may go for where you, and I live @Gator 45/70 but if you drive in NYC, where they have 33K Cops, you wouldn't get a MONTH before you would be ticketed, and your Car Impounded, for not displaying your License Plate..... Just making an Observation......

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

No doubt, This is a civil fine of 50.00 down here if some bored LEO want's to push it.

7. The ACLU wrote up a lengthy white paper on how pervasive license plate readers are nationwide at the state level, and how many localities store the data for very long periods of time (some store it indefinitely, for as long as they want). They give a bit of information on the various states and the paper gives you a pretty good idea how common it is. I'll see if I can find the paper later and post the link.

They are even being installed in remote locations now, down dirt logging type roads and such that you would never suspect would (or should) ever be monitored, it's not just a technology which is solely used on police and traffic enforcement vehicles anymore.

In Australia, I have read that they are even using the technology to spy on people in very remote parks in the outback because apparently that country has a big problem with "firebugs," ando they have had to resort to mass dragnet surveillance methods to try to catch the firebugs. If a fire breaks out in an area, they go pull the data from the remote sensors and look at all the hundreds or thousands of people who were in the area that day. While a novel way of solving crime for sure, there's really no end to that kind of rationale because they could then use it for all manner of other things. I have not read the technology being used that way in the United States... yet... I just know they have these sensors put in very remote areas now, and I've seen them placed on logging roads in super remote areas (and I'm pretty damn sure that there has been no crimes in these areas which would justify it, somebody in whatever department just got a bug up their ass about how this would be a great idea for whatever reason).

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7