Navy Yard shooting thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkLight, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I carry a .40 with 15 rounds per mag.... someone starts chit I will be ready to finish it.

2. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

According to CBS news this is the shooter. Aaron Alexis, age 34 from Fort Worth, Texas.

Not saying this is the same guy but the location and age do coincide with the name.
    Add that some of the witnesses said it was a bald black man.

Mugshots Online Aaron Alexis | Fort Worth, TX

For clarity the link I posted I found on my own, not sure it is the same guy, it just kinda looks that way.

3. Yard Dart

FBI will be running finger prints and teath records from the site right now on that body.

4. Yard Dart

Fox news is saying the same thing.

5. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Interestingly enough, they are saying that while he was a contractor with access to the building, he was using the badge of a different, former employee/contractor that hadn't been disabled.

Needless to say, that individual is being questioned.

7. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

No doubt they were well trained and not the usual "deranged" gunman type. Otherwise it would have been over by now.

8. DarkLight

The "experts" they have on right now know so little it's painful.

"How could he have gotten the AR-15 in unnoticed?" Really? You ever seen one? Two pins and a collapsed stock and it'll fit in a small duffel bag. Broken down it's smaller than the shotgun he was reported to have on him...duh.

Idiots.

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. Yard Dart

Wondering what they will find at his TX residence...you know they are in the place by now checking it out. Suprised they do not have a FT Worth news feed on site yet.

10. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

This didn't happen. I can see the Navy Yard and the ball park from my office window. Been watching all day.

M street was closed east of south capital so they queued people up that were heading to the Navy Yard to pick people up in a parking lot next to the stadium .

People have been trickling out all afternoon. No one that I can see was taken anywhere. Most are getting right on the metro.

11. DarkLight

Ok, one thing about the guns nobody has mentioned yet. What's the likelihood that they were staged inside the building over a period of time? No tin foil, totally serious.

If it was planned, let's go on the assumption that they, well, planned ahead of time.

12. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

13. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

I have never been on this base, but I have been on many others. Generally areas are sectioned off and civilian contractors travel freely in low level security areas. Nothing more than an active ID badge is needed. Since the shooting took place in the main building above the cafeteria. I would suggest the area was low level. Contractors routinely carry things on and off bases, they are generally only searched going out not coming in. Theft is a major problem.

14. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

Good to know. Shows you can't trust news reports. The sequestering and cell phone confiscation was mentioned by Fox reporters.

15. DarkLight

Ok, they've now postponed the baseball game that was supposed to be tonight.

Shutting things down..."But let's let the FBI do their job." *headshake*

16. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

My guess would be he had the shotgun, and took the 9mm and AR off the guards he killed.
    Time will tell.

17. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

Since they didn’t know how many shooters there were, I wonder how many people were shot by the cops, responding?

Mountainman, Brokor and Icefoot like this.
  18. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Always possible, but usually security only carries side arms at the Navy Yard. Only time I have ever seen them carry M4s was during a security drill.

The Navy Yard is not a "Secure" facility. Anyone with a government issued ID can get onboard, and they only search random cars and not everyday.

Brokor likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

So the Senate is in lock down, the baseball game is canceled and people are to shelter in place. With every incident, the reaction is getting more extreme.

Icefoot likes this.
  20. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

Or when they have an active shooter on the base. Just sayin.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7