Navy Yard shooting thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkLight, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Heads up, Feinstein is already at it calling for Congress to ban more guns. Can't post the link on my phone, found the article on drudge.

Damn, just when ammo was starting to come down and guns were back on the shelves.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Stock up now. It is really sad though. Instead of trying to figure out the real reason that this happened they are going to try for the guns again. This guy supposedly has PTSD, anger issues, a record, what ever else the media has thrown out there. I would like to know how a guy with a firearm incident on his record could get a job for the navy after he had been discharge for his fire arm incident. I did hear that he stole and ID to get in but also heard that he worked there.

I do wonder if he was on SSRI drugs.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ok, maybe I'm just jaded beyond belief but why do I not care anymore?
    12 in DC but 46 died yesterday on Iraq and 50 on Friday.
    Yep it's a tragedy.

But, How many people died today due to doctors mistakes? How many due to prescription side effects or wrong prescription?

Meh, I guess it's not violent erm, news worthy enough. I guess.

Seacowboys, Brokor, gunbunny and 2 others like this.
  4. VisuTrac

We can see how gun laws keep DC safe.

We had prohibition on booze. That didn't work
    We have prohibition on drugs. That sure isn't working.
    so .. let's have a prohibition on guns. Third times a charm right?

The height of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Really? What is going on in Iraq? How come I didn't here this before now? I thought things were wrapped up and semi-civil over there. Oh dear, maybe the news is keeping things from me!

Icefoot likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

One was a tribal squabble and the other was an attempt on an iraqi general.

As for semi-civil? Well semi-civil war perhaps. But I wouldn't want to be roaming around the country side there.

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't think most recall what prohibition was. War on drugs, well that failure was probably Bush's fault. Now guns... well "they" know that those are bad. Only the police and "good guys" should have guns then we would finally have world peace. Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya

8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

9. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

If [deleted] had a son, he might look like Aaron.

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Is it me? Or are those different men?

oldawg likes this.
  11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

They are, but you're not supposed to notice...

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

13. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

same facial features but you cannot change skin tone that much......

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Secret Clearance is about as LOW as one can get, in the clearance Biz..... They give that to Techs, all the time..... ..... Now if you have Top Secret, with Code Word clearance, then your about half way up the Clearance chart.... .....

tulianr likes this.
  15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I believe they are the same man. The photos were taken under vastly different conditions. lighting, depth of field, expression, and position of the man are all different. but feature for feature, I can find no flaw that can not be accounted for in the change of conditions.
    tips of the ears, the bridge off the nose, brow-line, shape of skull, peaked forehead, everything matches. Skin tone is nothing more than the lighting.

16. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

17. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

And the script is on que:

1) Troubled past.
    2) Arrested on gun charges (conveniently leaving out charges were dropped and the whole thing smacks of a disgruntled neighbor).
    3) He was treated for "serious mental illness" and hearing voices.
    4) He was obsessed with violent video games.
    5) Claimed to have PTSD.
    6) Discharged from military service "under questionable circumstances".

FWIW, I suspect much of the above list is fabricated to fit the anti-gun, anti-vet agenda of those currently in power. It doesn't fit with the picture of his life in Fort Worth before he disappeared 6-9 months ago (according to regular patrons of a restaurant where he waited tables). My question is: where did he go? Even the FBI doesn't seem to know since they were begging for information about his recent movements and associates. Maybe they should go ask the NSA...

And BT is right about the Secret clearance. It doesn't mean a thing since they give you one automatically when they accept you into military service. I didn't even know I had a Secret clearance until I had to get a higher clearance.

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I guess he was hearing voices and played video games. I have seen calls for complete gun bans. I just read someone suggesting mental illness checks prior to gun purchase. Mental health check? B*llsh!t. when are the dingbats going to understand it is a mental health, healthcare, drug company issue. That is why most of these shootings happen.

tulianr likes this.
  19. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

I hear voices... The people around me talk incessantly. Sometimes they actually talk to me because they have a question to which I know the answer. Or need assistance with something. Or just want a friendly chat (which doesn't happen some days as I am sometimes downright prickly) .

Those pushing for mental health checks prior to gun purchases (and for revoking previously issued purchase permits) want them so they can redefine "mental illness" to anyone who even WANTS a gun. That way they can try to confiscate all guns while not banning them outright.

You notice I said TRY to confiscate....

HK_User, tulianr and Motomom34 like this.
  20. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

More tin foil:
    The FBI knows EXACTLY where he's been for the last 6-9 months but somehow he eluded them for the last 3-4 days. He wasn't supposed to do anything yet and he got off script. This was supposed to be one of <pick a number> events that happened either close enough together to be consider simultaneously or in a series and he's thrown the whole thing out of whack.

The only thing he did "right" was die at the scene. Only one official story to tell.

Yeah, I know, I've gone beyond "a healthy distrust".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7