Neat little folding stove

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by BAT1, Jan 9, 2010.

1. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Simplicity = Reliable

I have pretty much decided upon the Vargo stove. I like the lightweight nature of titanium and the wonderful simplicity of a wood-fired stove. For myself, greater simplicity equals greater reliability; I am willing to pay a bit more for that coupling of simplicity with reliability.

2. Hiker72

Hiker72 Monkey+

I have that. Works good enough, is light and doesn't take up a lot of space.

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I also have this stove and can say you get what you pay for.

The hinges on opening and closing are very fragile and the tabs at the top that you set your kettle/mug on ALWAYS bend when you fold it back up because in order to lay flat, those tabs have to be in a certain way, which means at least one tab has to be bent (at least on mine...maybe I got a bum one, but this thing is cheap).

I now have the Ti Vargo and the way I justified the purchase is that, unless I lose it, I won't have to buy this product again.

4. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

I recently picked up a Gen2 SS Nano from FireBox. More expensive than the folders that come apart but I like the design and it's well built. There is an option for Ti but it does cost more.

Haven't used wood in it yet but it works well as a holder for my Trangia burner. Folds flat for storage.

Folding Firebox Camping Stoves and Other Outdoor Products

natshare and Ganado like this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. ColtCarbine
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. Hillbilly549
  8. deMolay
  9. Hillbilly549
  10. Motomom34