neatness ordinance (inside and outside)

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

allows public officials the right to get an admimistrative search warrant and come in...Made your bed this a.m.? dishes in the sink?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article919476.ece

KENNETH CITY — Council members caved in to demands from an angry crowd and delayed approving a neatness ordinance until officials explain every word of the 26-page document to Kenneth City residents.
    In what was estimated to be the largest crowd to ever attend a Kenneth City Council meeting, an outraged group of residents railed at the proposal that would regulate the upkeep of both the exterior and interior of all property in the town.
    The proposal basically sets standards for upkeep and appearance and gives town officials the right to enter homes. If the owner refuses to allow the official to enter, the town can go to a judge for an "administrative search warrant" to allow access to the interior of buildings. Violations would cost up to $250 a day.

2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Rule .308 will come into play when anyone comes into my home and basicaly tells me how to live.

Who does those jackass council members think they were elected by?

3. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

I dont like rule number .308 it tends to be overkil
    I prefer rule number 1.5oz hollow point 12g slug

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Prefer "less than lethal" loads myself. Where I came from, rock-salt shot loads were often used to discourage pillagers.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't care for Rule 308 inside the house. Rule 357 seems easier to enforce in the hallway and kitchen.
    seesaw

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

A little tough on the ears, inside; No?,

7. ghrit

Yeppers, but just about anything will be. Deafness will be short lived (hours) but you won't hear squat after enforcing any rule indoors with no muffs regardless of caliber. Which means you won't hear the second intruder behind you if you didn't clear the house on your way to the confrontation. You will be totally dependent on your eyes after the first shot.

If you have time, put on noise canceling muffs, but don't delay for them!!
    Better short term deafness than injury. Non-canceling muffs will put you at a disadvantage. IMHO.

8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

'Specially with a 16.5" barrel.

9. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

That's where the M4 stock and 16.5" barrel comes in nice and handy. This is actually shorter than any legal length shotgun, but I always have my .45 with me at all times. So you can say that this would be my first grab home defender. So let me refrase that to "Rule 45".

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

They may pull this nonsense with renters - for awhile. There will eventually be lawsuits against the city for abusing the people's right to privacy.
    For us that OWN our property - "tough noogies!" If you don't have a real search warrant based on possible criminal action - don't bother knockin'! [freedom]

11. ghrit

THAT is the problem, they won't knock with or without a piece of paper stating what and who they are looking for and why. Therein lays the rub.

[coffee2]

12. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Then see Florida Chapter 790 subsection 50(b)(m)(g)_ that will clarify every single misunderstand but again I am not a lawyer....

13. Seawolf1090

14. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

15. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

16. Seawolf1090

"Slung shot" is, as I understand it, basically a weighted sap. Been illegal ever since I was a kid. Dad had a sap from his old Air Police days - don't know if he still has it.
    A few quarter coin rolls in a sock works as well.

Though Florida is basically gun friendly, they have outlawed tater guns and ANYTHING even vaguely incendiary. Took away a lot of our fun. :D

17. tofu2u2

tofu2u2 Monkey++

Uhm, as the wife of a lovable slob, I'm not sure this is completely bad: I mean, as a citizen it just smacks of totalitarianism [cow]etc etc
    BUT as a wife, I'm thinking, hey, I could use this law [patr]to FINALLY get the garage cleaned out.

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I was thinking along the lines of "sling" shot, perhaps you are correct.

19. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

:shock:
    Please never contact my spouse[lolol][lolol]...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7