Need a new Battery for your Tablet Etc.?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by HK_User, Mar 16, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good service, battery comes with a disassembly tool. On line Vid for help in replacing the Battery.
    Amazon

Ganado likes this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

There is a replacement battery kit for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge too. The S7 Edge has a known problem with it's battery overheating and swelling, causing the case back to separate. The Geeks at Best Buy charge $70 and take a week to swap it out. The battery kit is under ten bucks, with a separate special tool kit and back plate, each cheap.
    I haven't taken the plunge on swapping mine yet. Need to watch the video a couple more times.

sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Purchased and installed a Nexus 7 and a Kindle Voyager.

Exact fit and a year warranty.

The kindle just died with no warning of Battery condition.
    The Nexus 7 gave a warning by reduced run time but it would show 100% battery after charging, it lied!

Ganado and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I just replaced the touch screen on my son's IPad Mini using one of these repair kits. It was not difficult and the kit cost $28 on Amazon. The same procedure would work for a iPhone as well. They are not that complicated under the hood. I could have replaced the battery, LCD and touch screen while I was at it without any additional work. Now I am waiting for something else to break.

Ganado and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7