Need Ammo?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by VisuTrac, Jun 30, 2023.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well ammo prices just dropped like a rock for me. Previous coworkers husbands uncle passed and he seemed to have had some ammo squirrelled away. And if your a Michigan Monkey it may have been for you as well.

*38 spcl 619pcs
    **44 mag 730pcs
    *12ga various shot 430pcs
    *12 ga slug 305pcs
    **410 various shot 225pcs
    *20ga various shot 662pcs
    30-06 180pcs
    **243 190pcs
    **30-30 100pcs
    **222 remington 336pcs
    *223 120pcs
    **22-250 180pcs
    *9mm 545pcs
    *45acp 1200pcs
    *22 mag 1150pcs
    *22 long rifle 10598pcs

I'm going to put in an offer for the entire lot. Any Michigan Monkeys got holes that these can fill?
    ones with ** (no firearm for them in the clan) all available
    ones with * (some/most available)
    I'm keeping the 30-06
    can meet up lansing to novi and flint to ann arbor most evenings and weekends
    Along the corridor from ann arbor to past baraga first weekend in august.

tell me what you want and how much your will to pay for it.
    I'm not shipping it but will meet up as noted above.

looks like there is some 22 short, 380acp and a mystery box of misc

That's also if i can make the deal.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Bandit99 like this.
  2. VisuTrac

25556. 25558. 25560. 25562. 25564. 25566. 25567. 25571. 25574. 25578. 25580. 25582. 25584.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like the kind of stuff I sold in 2020.
    I say get a table at a gunshow and price it to move.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

They gave me a list of what they wanted for it.
    well, it's kind a price that they don't want it to move.

I countered with a wholesale price for second hand goods and yes, I could price it to move at my offering price and make a little plus getting to keep the 30-06 from the lot.

We shall see.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

yeah, I won't make a killing like you did.
    I figure i'll make about 100 bucks or so after expenses and losses due to corrosion I hope.
    benefit is, I'll get ammo in the hands that we may need in the future.

6. VisuTrac

Yeah, well it was a no way jose' on my offer.
    they are sure they can make 3x my offer.
    I said, in 2020/2021 you sure could have ya might have made even more in a matter of days.
    Now, if you want to make more than my offer you can sort out the good/bad condition, sort by weights, inventory it all, put down a price for each box or lot and either get a table at the show or post on a forum or gunbroker and deal with costs for table, hazmat, shipping etc. Betcha it's going to be less than my offer and they'll get stuck with a whole bunch of ammo that no one wants.

Told them I won't make an offer on what is left after a sale as there would be no fast moving ammo left to make mixed lots with.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I wouldn't want a bunch of odds and ends (it's not a stockpile) of questionable age and condition, unless the price was very good and even then...

Plainsman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I think it may be a good thing they didn't take your offer. A lot of that stuff looks pretty old/sketchy, and would be tough to get anything more than 20% of retail nowadays. Sometimes people have a really inflated idea of what their stuff is worth.

Plainsman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Best case scenario you can get half of retail price for old second hand ammo.
    That's why I sold all my obsolete/old, surplus ammo during the height of the black lives matter storm troopers burning down the black parts of Democrat ran shithole cities. I was getting stupid money for loose packed lead round nose 22LR.
    They want ammo panic prices, ain't going to get it.
    I say make an offer, sit on it till the next ammo panic which is only like a year away at most and you might be able to get about retail price.
    2020 was an ammo panic, ammo shortage (Remington was shutdown), race riots and people claiming to be the dip shits burning down the black part of the city were threatening to go into the suburbs and country side and do the same.
    People were legitimacy terrified, as it was terrorism and it worked.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    CraftyMofo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Some of that stuff is pretty old like some of the shotgun stuff, you may have collectors shells in the mix.
    I'd be reluctant to touch off a fair amount of the stuff personally?

CraftyMofo likes this.
  11. VisuTrac

That is exactly what I'm dealing with. Storage didn't seem to be too bad as the cardboard wasn't water damaged but yes. They think they have hit the ammo lottery. I basically offered 5 cents per round for the whole shebang. Oh well.

12. VisuTrac

Yeah some of the older ammo appears to be from the mid-50s through the 70s. I highly doubt there is much collector value here. There might be some odds and ends like a few .38 short colt in the misc box but not much.
    as for lighting off questionable stuff .. old HR break opens are pretty much a tank for disposing of questionable stuff.

Plainsman, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  13. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I got some stuff older than that. It was given to me by one of my wife's co-workers. Got a little .22 rifle and a box of misc ammo, 99% of which I can't use, so it's just sitting around.
    243 Win
    308 Win
    25 automatic
    22 mag rim fire
    7mm W.M
    and a duck call box (all I use this for is annoying the dogs LOL)
    ammo w/o a box has a headstamp of LC 62 Match

There's more somewhere in my office. If I'm not careful my son is going to pull the bullets, dump the powder, deprime the cases and melt the brass down for something

Ammo.

Plainsman, Zimmy, CraftyMofo and 2 others like this.
  14. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

That's a turkey call

15. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I'd bet the 7mm Weatherby are worth more than everything else put together to the right person.

16. Plainsman

Plainsman Monkey

Do you still have this ammo?
    I might be interested in several boxes.
    Thanks!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Hunting seasons are fast approaching, so buy any ammo that you will need NOW! Get your guns zeroed in, hit the range a few times and clean your guns! Don't wait till the day before opening day!

18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The worst are those guys that wait until 11:00 am on opening day of dove season to try and buy some shotgun shells. Those are the people that probably don't have a hunting license or a shotgun. They are a greater danger to other hunters than they are to the doves. They are just looking for an excuse to hang around at a dove shoot, drink beer, eat some food and listen/watch a college football game. Last time I checked, a gun was not required to han\g around at a dove shoot...well a shotgun will help you fit in, but you don't need a license or ammo if you are not going to be shooting...just pay your money at the gate and have a good time.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7