Need help on buying AK47

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by badfish25, Feb 2, 2008.

  1. badfish25

    badfish25 Monkey++

    This weekend I am going to my first gun show. I have 400-600$ to spend,
    and looking for a fixed wood stock. I don't want to cheep out, but i would
    like to have some money left for extra mags.

    Also this show is out of state (I live in NC and the show is in SC) Would this
    be a problem?
  2. E.L.

    E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

    For that kind of money you should be able to find a Romanian and have quite a bit left over for ammo and mags. As long as you buy the weapon from a FFL then I do not think you will run afoul of the law. I believe that you can purchase long arms (rifles/shotguns) from a FFL that is not in your state.
  3. ghrit

    ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

    That is well worth checking very carefully, I think it will get attention that isn't wanted. For sure, the 4473 wants your home address, and that will trigger the vendor to do what has to be done. I believe the delivery has to be made in the home state.
  4. SJDigriz

    SJDigriz Monkey+++

    I believe it is legal to purchase a LONG gun in SC if you are a resident of NC, but you need to check for yourself.

    A Romanian WASR, if carefully checked out, is reliable and easily within your price range. Other good choices would be either a Century Yugo or a MAK90, both should fall in the $450 range.

    Wow! What a great forum! First day here and already a question about buying AK's [winkthumb] .
  5. magnus392

    magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

    Look for someone walking around with one, should be able to do ok.
  6. Quigley_Sharps

    Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

    Hey mags good seeing you around[booze][beer]
  7. ColtCarbine

    ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

    I believe you are correct when it comes to long arms but a pistol has to be shipped to a FFL in your home state, IIRC.
  8. Quigley_Sharps

    Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

    Yep at least here
  9. monkeyman

    monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

    IIRC (I know its the way it is for MO) yo can buy a longarm in any state that shares a boarder, if no common boarder it has to go through an FFL in home state. Handguns have to be bought in home state.
survivalmonkey SSL seal warrant canary