1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Need help on buying AK47

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by badfish25, Feb 2, 2008.

1. badfish25

badfish25 Monkey++

This weekend I am going to my first gun show. I have 400-600$ to spend,
    and looking for a fixed wood stock. I don't want to cheep out, but i would
    like to have some money left for extra mags.

Also this show is out of state (I live in NC and the show is in SC) Would this
    be a problem?
  2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

For that kind of money you should be able to find a Romanian and have quite a bit left over for ammo and mags. As long as you buy the weapon from a FFL then I do not think you will run afoul of the law. I believe that you can purchase long arms (rifles/shotguns) from a FFL that is not in your state.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

That is well worth checking very carefully, I think it will get attention that isn't wanted. For sure, the 4473 wants your home address, and that will trigger the vendor to do what has to be done. I believe the delivery has to be made in the home state.
  4. SJDigriz

SJDigriz Monkey+++

I believe it is legal to purchase a LONG gun in SC if you are a resident of NC, but you need to check for yourself.

A Romanian WASR, if carefully checked out, is reliable and easily within your price range. Other good choices would be either a Century Yugo or a MAK90, both should fall in the $450 range.

Wow! What a great forum! First day here and already a question about buying AK's [winkthumb] .
  5. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Look for someone walking around with one, should be able to do ok.
  6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Hey mags good seeing you around[booze][beer]
  7. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I believe you are correct when it comes to long arms but a pistol has to be shipped to a FFL in your home state, IIRC.
  8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yep at least here
  9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

IIRC (I know its the way it is for MO) yo can buy a longarm in any state that shares a boarder, if no common boarder it has to go through an FFL in home state. Handguns have to be bought in home state.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary