Need help with advertising

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by AxesAreBetter, Jul 4, 2017.

1. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Really Local advertisement can come relatively inexpensive in the form of Sunday Church Pamphlets, Restaurant paper placemats, and the Advertisement crawler on the Local Weather Channel. Don't forget the free information boards at VFW/AM Legion/ MOOSE/ ETC. Best advertising is word of mouth reference from satisfied customers, and it's usually free.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Dunerunner likes this.
  2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Still nothing sold online (or my website is broken and I have no way of knowing). But I did enough sitting here to justify moving into the nearest small town on the main highway at the beginning of the month. That sign I paid too much money on has been the only advertising that has worked, but at lest something has.

GOG likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Buy something from yourself to test the WebSite....

ColtCarbine likes this.
  4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I ask all new clients where they heard of my business. I'd say 25% of my new customers found me doing a Google search. Businesses will show up on a local Google search without doing anything on the internet. I know this to be true because I've done nothing towards advertising on the internet. I can only imagine what might happen if I did.

I purchased business card holders from the Dollar Tree and went to local businesses that allow this. There were quite a few that do this in our small community.

I put these out at auto repair shops, auto parts stores, hair salons, grocery stores and farm supply stores.

Larger companies that allowed this here were
    Wilco Farm Store
    Coastal Farm and Supply
    Napa Auto Parts

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Witch Doctor 01, GOG and Dunerunner like this.
  5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Wait until people start asking how rich you are...being a business owner

I just laugh when it happens.

You will see money go out the door as fast as it comes in for awhile, if you're trying to build your business. It's a long busy road building a business it doesn't happen over night.

It can be hard at times to not think about throwing the towel in. I know I've thought about it, being I'm the last person to be paid.

GOG likes this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Hear that. And switching from shows to store front for primary income is a whole nother ball of wax too.

GOG likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7